“Best night's sleep”

Holiday Inn Express North Conway
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel has the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in in a hotel.
The staff was friendly and professional, the rooms clean and the location easily accessible. The breakfast buffet included with the room offered ample choices and was well maintained even though crowded with the morning rush.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you writing this review. I will be sure to let the staff know about the wonderful comments you made about them. Our pillow top beds do make for a great nights sleep. We will be looking forward to your next stay. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

It was a good stay. The room was spacious and updated. We did hear walking noises from the room upstairs. To avoid this, I would suggest requesting a room on the top floor. The shower stall should be cleaned better. I saw mold on it.

Breakfast and wi-fi was free. It can be crowded during peak hours but there's extra seating by the lobby or you can bring it back to the room.

There are many restaurants around the area but I would suggest having dinner at White Mountain Cider Company. Be sure to make reservations. The food was delicious.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor to avoid hearing walking noises from the room above.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write these comments. We are sorry to hear that you had noise above you. Feel free anytime you stay in the hotel to phone the front desk and our staff would be able to see if they could solve the noise level. The item you mentioned regarding cleanliness and quality will be addressed with our Housekeeping Manager. I'm delighted that you had a wonderful breakfast and found seating in our lobby overflow area. Once again, thank you for staying .

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The property and location are great. The people are amazing!! Every employee I encountered made me feel like a valued guest. As a business traveler I appreciate employees attitudes over everything else. These folks are the best!!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. I really appreciate you you taking the time to write about the staff and I'm going to let them know. It is always our pleasure to serve our guest and we enjoy it. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My sister and I rented two rooms and stayed here with our 5 children. It was a perfect location for our visit to Storyland, just 10 minutes down the road. The kids loved the pool and we had a perfect spot (right next to the pool!) The hotel is also just across the street from Friendly's which made dinner easy and fun. The breakfast buffet was great, the pancake machine was broken but the helpful staff (Nancy!) was more than happy to bring us pancakes from the kitchen. The front desk staff was also helpful with a billing issue, and the housekeeping staff was friendly. We left something behind when we checked out, and someone called me shortly after to let me know. The rooms each had 2 queen beds and they were sooo comfortable! We wished that we could have stayed another night, the kids didn't want to leave. We'll be back for our next North Conway visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank the1birdgirl
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us. Sounds like all of you had such a wonderful time and memories are for a lifetime. We appreciate all the wonderful comments. We are looking forward to making more memories in the future. It was our pleasure to serve your family.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I would say for the money, location and value of the breakfast as well as the staff, this is a really great spot. People who wrote about bad rooms or smell from the pool I think are waay off. There isn't a ton of space to eat but its a free breakfast and a good one at that, so suck it up! I would say the noise level was a bit out of control but that wasn't the hotels fault, just rude people!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank spls76

Thank you so much for writing this review. It does get a little crazy at the hotel certain times of the year with Story land, outlet shopping and all the wonderful family fun things to do in the Mt Washington Valley. I'm so glad that you had a good stay and there is seating both in the breakfast area and off the Lobby area. When you come again, please feel free to speak to one of the breakfast attendants to see how we can get you seated. We appreciate all our guest and looking forward to you spending time with us again. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Location, room quality, breakfast, air conditioning, beds and parking were very good. A safe bet for a family. TV reception was surprisingly fuzzy but still OK to watch. I'd go back in a minute.

One thing that annoyed me was the person (who I will not identify) who ignored me when I walked up to the check-in counter. If I had another choice I would have walked out. All the other staff were first rate.

This is a fairly small operation, and I like these types. Very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review good and things to work on. Great news, Direct TV has been put on the property and the last part of the Renovation has been completed. No more fuzzy TV's. We are all excited about that! I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at the front desk, I do apologize. I do thank you for staying . We are looking forward to you next stay and it is always the goal of the property to serve you. Thank you again, for all your comments.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The room was good in that it was recently redone but the TV reception was horrible with a snowstorm on many channels. The breakfast was good but the seating area was so overcrowded that we had to take it back to our room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear ktpc2005,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to hear that you liked our room accommodations. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We are very sorry to hear about the problems with television and breakfast area. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P