“Good new hotel in a central location”

Holiday Inn Express North Conway
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in North Conway
Danville, California, United States
“Good new hotel in a central location”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This property is relatively new. Centrally located and close to Mt. Washington and Kancamagus Highway. Room rates are reasonable and breakfast included, just like all HI Express hotels. Staff is friendly.

Stayed June 2014
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I really appreciate all the wonderful comments. The hotel is located in close to restaurants, shopping, attractions, and much more. It was our pleasure to serve you and looking forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am a platinum IHG member.
This is the 5th or 6th HI Express I've stayed in in the past month and a half- this one is very clean and in a good location- but doesn't quite hold up to the standard of what I've gotten used to expecting. First off, it's a bit higher in price than I am used to- even higher than the nearby Hampton which is usually not the case. It also doesn't have a fitness room- that is one of the amenities I have gotten used to using on my stays :( it doesn't have the ever- present hot cocoa that most properties have either... And no cookies as quite a few offer- good thing my kids have grown up because when they were younger- we counted on those things being there!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for writing this review and staying with us. We only have Hot Cocoa in the winter as an extra on cold winter days. I am sorry that you were missing certain things but they are not standards of the Holiday Inn Express. We do hope you enjoyed the kick off of our summer season here in the beautiful White Mountains. We did have a fun week last week with Laconia Bike Week and the opening of many of our attractions in the area. Thank you again for staying.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The cleanliness and comfort of my room (107) was great. The room has the amenities that you expect a HIExpress to have and the bed was so comfortable. The helpfulness and cheerfulness of the front desk staff while both busy and in a lull it's notable to say service remained constant. I didn't have the breakfast while there the one night. The only thing I would note on is the pool could have used some attention.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers lookout to hotel parking, outlet malls area, rooms with even numbers lookout...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cheryl7MA
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us. The White Mts have so much to offer and I'm happy that you found our location in the middle of it all. Looking forward to your next stay.
North West
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed in a few HIExpress in my time, you get what you get. What made this one stand out was the very cheerful, helpful and professional staff. The rooms were clean, what was exceptional was how comfortable the bed was, it really was a wrench to get out of it! The aircon worked beautifully.
the complementary breakfast was ok, the pancake machine was not working and the sausages looked inedible. But apart from that you had a good choice of toast, bagels, scrambled eggs, cereals, muffins, etc
We had a room that faced the back of the property onto woodlands.
Reading some of the other reviews about the smell of smoking, we did not find this at all.
I would consider this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back, and away from any smoking rooms if you want to be away from that. t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank blueyonderNorthWest
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Our pillow-top beds are really hard to pull yourself away from. I will let my staff know your great comments about them. I will also speak with Head of Breakfast about your concerns. Thank you once again for staying with us. Looking forward to your next stay.
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

from first vist to the new holiday express in wakarusa indiana we stayed at the one in no. conway .n.h., ease of 1 st class service to value, cleanliness,pool, complimentry breakfast ease of check-out and above all the staff made you feel most welcomed as a regular customer i strongly reccomend this and any other holiday express

Room Tip: all rooms are great as it is a multiple service hotel,family,couple group, or single traveler
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fred S
Thank you for staying with us. It sounds like you had an amazing vacation. I will be sure to let all my staff know your kind comments. It was our pleasure serving you and looking forward to your next stay.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My first favorable impression was of the site's location within the woods, but just off the main road. The staff was attentive and professional and the rooms very clean.

My main problem was the lack of fitness facilities, which is my own fault for adequately researching. They had an offering at their sister property, The Green Granite Inn. But after signing in and getting dressed, I learned there were no weight training options, only outdated cardio machines, so I didn't use the facility anyway. Had I known this beforehand, I would have arranged to stay next door at the Hampton Inn and been squared away.

Other than that, my stay was quite fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carrie B
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and your kind comments about the staff. Our sister property is geting new equipment very soon. I hope you will try us again and I'm sure you will not be disappointed with your workout. Once again, thank you for staying and for all your concerns and comments.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Just a simple hotel room, nothing special! Kind of outdated and doesn't make you say wow! Manager is rude but other workers are nice. Not the best hotel in north conway. You can definitely find better as we chose too.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ash2929
Patti-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Conway, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We have just completed a renovation and very excited for the face lift. We will be sure to let the staff know your kind comments. Thank you again for staying with us.