“Has its ups and downs”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I went here with a group of friends for lunch. I ordered a hot turkey sandwich which was delivered as a cold hot turkey sandwich. The waitress took it back and had it re-done, but by the time I got it back the rest of my party were almost done eating their lunch. It was good, but nothing special.
If you sit in the back room, the a/c blows down on the two large tables in the center of the room which after a while tends to get very cold.
Other friends said they had to wait over two hours for their food after sitting down and ordering.
It appears that food and service in this restaurant is good some days, and not so good other days. I probably will not return as there are too many other places to eat.

SunnyvillaFamily, Owner at Sunny Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

First I'd like to thank you for trying my family's restaurant. We've be open for 3 years after working on this 100 year old building for over 3. We are a local family and work hard to provide jobs for our area and good quialtiy food. First I must say I'm sorry that your food was cold obviously thats not our intentions. We try hard everyday to improve and always carry the freshest food we can so hopefully that will not happen again. You also had mentioned the cold air condition blowing onto you, I would of thought you'd enjoy a little cool air seeing its been a heat wave around here. We worked very hard at keeping this old building cool. In the future we could move your seat to a warmer location. Again I want to thank you for taking the time to stop in and eat and also to review us. If the future if you could keep you comments about your experience and not hear say of a friend. As owners we are here everyday and even though we serve up to 500 poeple on some days nobody has ever waited two hour for a meal. I'm sorry but thats just not true and unfair for you to state what someone else told you about us as your own experience. Thank you again and keep in mind we are not a chain but a family who brought a 100 year old restaurant back to life for everyone to enjoy. Thanks again Tim Carnes

There are newer reviews for Sunny Villa

Reviewed 30 June 2013

The Sunny Villa is a great place to eat! I have always been greeted with warm smiles and happy service. The wait staff is courteous and attentive, the food is always fresh and delicious, the atmosphere is calm and casual. I highly recommend this restaurant. The views are to die for! Absolutely beautiful! I find it refreshing that they have activities on different nights during the week (ie: horseshoes on Mondays, trivia night on Tuesdays, etc.) During the winter months they have Vintage Snowmobile races on Sundays. It's fun to go for a delicious breakfast buffet (which is loaded with all sorts of goodies,) then head out back to watch some friendly competition. If you friend Sunny Villa on Facebook, you can see all sorts of updates of their activities throughout the week. I highly recommend this restaurant. It is a family favorite!! Also, make sure you try their Shrimp Scampi pizza! Yum, yum, yum!!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Really great place. Food great, great service I Love their fresh salads, chicken parm friendly atmosphere

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Have been going in since they opened. The staff is always friendly and well trained to give good service. The good is great for everyone, I particularly love the ribs, they melt in your mouth better than any BBQ place in NH. The owners take great pride in the restaurant and truely care about good service and consistently giving great food!!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have been to the Sunny villa several times and the food was very good. The bar when you walk in is absolutely beautiful. The view from the dinning room is so nice of the Green and White Mountains. I had a great steak and my friends raved about the Sante Fe salad. We each got carrot cake that was to die for. The bartender who waited on us was very very delightful . I think her name was Ashley. We go out to dinner often and would not hesitate to recommend the Sunnyvilla.