“Great place and great food”
Review of Sunny Villa - CLOSED

Sunny Villa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stopped by this place due to a recommendation of a friend. I have to say, first of all, the view from the dining room is amazing, and the food is excellent. Most probably the best steak I ever had. My friend got the veggie muffaletta which was absolutely tasty and unique. The staff was very friendly and food was served in a timely manner. It is always a quality sign if the food doesnt come within 5 minutes, then you know it is freshly made!
Definately recommend this place, and will be going back again soon!

3  Thank AnnaMallana

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Had never tried this restaurant before, and thought I'd give it a try.

The menu had a variety of items: sandwiches; pizza; calzones; salads, and regular entrees. My friend ordered the shrimp scampi, and I ordered the fried haddock.

My friend said hers was very good. Mine was very tasty, and came out nice and hot. Fish had a light breading on it, and was tender and flaky. I chose two vegetables as sides: broccolli crowns were hot and the glazed carrots had a nice flavor.

We also both ordered dessert: my friend had the carrot cake and I ordered the triple mousse. Both were very good. However, we had no idea what the price of each dessert was when we ordered them, as they merely brought out a dessert cart. The regular meals were reasonable in price; the desserts were overpriced, IMO. Don't be shy: ask your server for the price of the desserts before ordering one!

This restaurant has a bar that is separate from the regular restaurant. There also is a function room off the dining room.

The only bad thing was the view from the restaurant's large windows: a large backhoe type piece of equipment on a really large pile of dirt! Maybe they are working on landscaping the back? Don't know, but it was pretty ugly view. Too bad, because there would be a great scenic view of mountains.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We went in for dinner on a weekend. The food took so long to arrive one of us has almost convinced us to leave the money for drinks and go - 40 minutes at least. The dish was cold and the recipient asked to return it and just share from the other dishes (since once it was reheated we'd be done). They said they cannot take the dish of the bill.

I'll leave a moment to let this sink in. You return a cold dish -- and you'll still pay for it.

My meal was student cantina quality - there was a ton of chicken (at this size it was probably a concealed turkey) but the pasta and the sauce were mediocre. At least it was hot and there was a lot of the stuff.

Pretty expensive to boot. My friends will avoid this place at all costs.

2  Thank MaxTLV
Reviewed 8 August 2013

What a treat to find something for the whole family on Route 16 in Ossippee, New Hampshire. Good home cooking. I had the turkey dinner which was plentiful enough for 3 people. My husband said the meatloaf was outstanding. It has recently been remodeled and is clean and an open atmosphere. The menu has something for everyone with reasonable prices. The bread came out early which is a plus for those dining with hungry children.

1  Thank authoressNY
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stopped at Sunny Villa for lunch today after noticing a few times that many other people were dining there, so we wanted to give it a try. I have seen that restaurant for many years but have never had the desire to dine there. We are so glad we decided to check it out, and will be going back. The artichoke rangoon (appetizer) was different but delicious and the chili was wonderful! Our main meals were the sweet potato veggie burger, the Reuben, and the Asian salad, and everything was so good. Another nice surprise was to find quite a few gluten free choices on the menu, and if someone is a vegetarian, it won't be difficult to find a great choice for a meal.

2  Thank Deanne827