Lobster Quest is a terrific little seafood place directly on Rt 16 with good service and a broad menu of local New England seafood favorites: Chowda' (seafood and clam), fried clams, fried scallops, cod, lobsta', etc. There is a convenient take out window (inside by the front door, not side entrance) and also inside tables (air conditioning) with waitress/waiter service. Serving sizes and prices are reasonable. Parking lot is usually pretty full and MOST of the license plates are New Hampshire which is telling...
We have now stopped by a couple of times since the "season" began: once for take out, once for eat in.
- Seafood chowder was AMAZING: fresh and clearly homemade. Lots of fish (clams, scallops, lobster, cod, and more) and a very flavorful broth. Served steaming hot. YUM. This was the highlight.
- Clams: really good. Steaming hot, lightly battered, excellent flavor, excellent texture (soft, not chewy). BUT the clam bellies were quite small. When they were initially served I thought they gave us clam strips by mistake. Maybe the bellies were small because we are so early in the season. All in all good.
- Scallops: YUM. Large, slight breading, perfectly cooked with that creamy/slightly sweet flavor. YUM
- Fish: good, not great. Light and crispy but lacked flavor.
- Water not served with the meal, need to order/purchase bottled water. Beer and wine also available.
- Good, fast, and helpful without hovering.
- Owner also made the rounds checking in on the tables collecting feedback including sharing some of her secrets about the seafood chowder :-)
- Well decorated in a sea theme, light and not over the top.
- Specials posted around the walls
- Inside tables are mostly picnic tables. Utensils and plates are plastic/paper. Pretty basic.
- Window air-conditioning is good on a hot day, but pick your table carefully since some can get pretty cold and breezy.
Bottom line: Great stop for an informal meal. Don't miss the chowder!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.