“waitstaff of one” 3 of 5 bubbles

Milford, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“waitstaff of one”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Haven't had a bad meal here but the, apparently one of one, waiter hardly ever speaks and is most unfriendly. He rarely speaks or smiles and behaves like he wants to find another job. One of these reviews says '. . .we were greeted with ice water . . ' We are usually greeted with an ice waiter.

brookfieldresearch@gmail.com

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fleabag12

Rindge, New Hampshire
“Take Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We always seem to do take out, but inside seems nice friendly staff, hot food, favorite won-ton soup in the area.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Woodmore_Camp
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Average food, pleasant service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Ate dinner here since 3 of the oriental restaurants listed for this area on our GPS had closed. Guess this is not an area for Asian food. Anyway, we found the restaurant to be average, but acceptable. We were greeted with ice water, and a pot of tea. Good start. The menus had seen better days. I think i would switch to paper throw-away menus. The choices were wide, anything you could want. My husbands won ton soup was delicious. My husband got triple delight, and the portion was huge, and full of good size shrimp, chicken and beef. I ordered Moo Shu shrimp. I got tortillas for pancakes, and the dish was kind of mushy with small shrimp, and the egg not well mixed in. Again, a huge portion! I saw many things going by, and the pu pu platter looked good. Other meals, very huge portions. I would suggest concentrating more on quality, not quantity. The atmosphere was drab, but there was music, and Cocktails available, including hot sake. We laughed because it was cold sake sitting in a teapot of hot water. Our water was very attentive, prompt, and courteous. I probably would not highly recommend, but it was OK.

1 Thank Sue G
New England
“Getting worse...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Ordered a Pu Pu for four, pork fried rice and sesame chicken. The Pu Pu was ice cold. THe other food was hot so obviously we got someone else's order that didn't get picked up so the gave it to us. This place is getting worse year by year.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Hawaiiantraveler66
Farmington, Connecticut
“Good Chinese Restaurant in an otherwise all-American town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I spent the weekend in Woodbound Inn in the town of Rindge and had driven over to Peterborough to sightsee. It was nearing dinnertime on a Sunday evening and I was craving Asian food. Pearl Oyster Bar was closed and this restaurant was in the same place so I took my chances.

It offered a wide selection of dishes, packaged any way you like it. I had the combination platter of chicken wings and boneless ribs for $10 that consisted of hot soup, the 2 viands and fried rice. The serving portion is huge and I only finished half of it. The food is a little too greasy for my taste but the flavors are present. My friend had beef with broccoli and egg roll, which was ok. The food is nothing to write home about but it is a filling meal for a good price.

Service is friendly and prompt and the waiter was very attentive. Then again, there were only about 3 tables of patrons at the time I ate since it was early on a Sunday evening.

The entrance to the restaurant is small but it is a big enough room to seat about 35 to 50 customers. It is dark (probably because it is also marketed as a lounge) and the decor is outdated but the facilities are clean enough. This could definitely use some sort of renovation.

If you're a picky eater, don't try this. If you're adventurous, give it a chance. You might be surprised.

• Visited July 2012