“Wonderful dinner, beautiful riverside dining”
Review of The Waterhouse

The Waterhouse
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Vermont
“Wonderful dinner, beautiful riverside dining”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our larger party thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Waterside. It was a beautiful summer evening and the outside dining by the river and nearby falls could not have been more bucolic and relaxing. Many items come in both smaller and larger portions which we appreciated. Two of us had the smaller filet mignon which was excellent. Others enjoyed the salmon and salads. Prices seemed quite reasonable for the quality. We will be back.

Merrimack, NH
“Mostly Good”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I actually would give The Waterhouse 3.5 stars. DH and I ate in the bar last night. We decided to go to Peterborough on a whim and I fell in love with the look of the restaurant while walking by. They open at 5:00 pm and unfortunately they were booked for the evening, but said that we were welcome to eat in the bar. The absolute best thing about this restaurant is the ambiance. I love the location and the feel of the place.

Our server, who also appeared to be the assistant bartender, was extremely nice. For an appetizer we had the mussels in a curry flavored broth. It was very good. Also had the spinach salad which was good. DH had the pork chop which turned out to be two thinner chops as opposed to one thick chop. It was moist and flavorful. I had the duck which was disappointing. It had decent flavor, but it was dry. Usually I would send a meal like this back, but I just wasn't in the mood to wait to have a new entree cooked so I just kept it. We were recommended a caramel, salted chocolate ganache dessert as being one of the most popular. It was interesting. The ganache was very good, but the chocolate crust left something to be desired. It was chewy and not very tasty. Would I go back to The Waterhouse? I probably would. It seems like one of those restaurants where you've just got to know what to order. Once you find something that is good, stick with it. The atmosphere at The Waterhouse is very special. For that alone I would consider going back.

1 Thank MerrimackMrs
Rindge, New Hampshire, United States
“food is decent but make sure you have time”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

not one of my favorite places but my friends love it. In the summer they have beautiful outdoor seating by the river which is nicely shaded by birch trees. the food is decent though it seems like it took forever for it 2 come out after we ordered. The staff was very friendly and apologize for the long wait time. if you're not in a rush to be anywhere Waterhouse is a decent meal especially when you're outside

• Visited June 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Dinner for Eight Delights the Whole Family”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We had an impromptu family gathering at the family homestead in Temple, NH. Dinner out with three generations can be tricky but they exceeded our expectations. Service was attentive; the kitchen was flexible with some of our special requests. Of particular note was the spinach and strawberry salad, duck breast entree and fish and chips. The house made bread and trio of dips pleased the table too. Our table, at a window overlooking the rushing creek, was the perfect spot for a delicious dinner and delightful family gathering.

Milford, New Hampshire
“Lovely water side view”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

An anniversary celebration brought us to Peterborough to the Waterhouse. When making a reservation, we had a choice of outside patio seating or inside river view seating. Because it had been a hot and humid day, we chose to eat inside. However, by the time we were there the patio would have been comfortable. There were more diners there than inside. Our table was right next to large windows affording us lovely view of the swiftly running river outside. Hubby enjoyed a mushroom soup to start. We both ordered from the small plates menu, fish tacos for me, and mussels for my hubby. Both were nicely presented and delicious. We splurged and added a serving of home cut fries, which were crispy and tasty. The summer berry crisp, a la mode, that we shared for dessert was a perfect ending. Our server was friendly and gave us just the right amount of attention. This was a lovely location with delicious food...a fine way to mark our anniversary.