“An Outstanding Eatery in a Picturesque New England Town”
Review of The Waterhouse

The Waterhouse
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Peterborough
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“An Outstanding Eatery in a Picturesque New England Town”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had dinner recently at the Waterhouse in Peterborough, NH, that was outstanding! Everyone at the table felt it was one of the best meals they'd had in a long time, with a beautiful view of the nearby river adjacent to the outdoor patio where we ate. The service was excellent, the food beautifully presented, and the flavors outstanding. With a menu full of variety, everyone should find something they would like. All in all, a wonderful experience!

• Visited August 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A pleasant streamside restaurant with a good menu and excellent service. Pleasant outside seating available. Food is great - sweet onion and mushroom soup to kill for!

• Visited August 2014
Vermont
“Wonderful dinner, beautiful riverside dining”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our larger party thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Waterside. It was a beautiful summer evening and the outside dining by the river and nearby falls could not have been more bucolic and relaxing. Many items come in both smaller and larger portions which we appreciated. Two of us had the smaller filet mignon which was excellent. Others enjoyed the salmon and salads. Prices seemed quite reasonable for the quality. We will be back.

• Visited July 2014
Merrimack, NH
“Mostly Good”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I actually would give The Waterhouse 3.5 stars. DH and I ate in the bar last night. We decided to go to Peterborough on a whim and I fell in love with the look of the restaurant while walking by. They open at 5:00 pm and unfortunately they were booked for the evening, but said that we were welcome to eat in the bar. The absolute best thing about this restaurant is the ambiance. I love the location and the feel of the place.

Our server, who also appeared to be the assistant bartender, was extremely nice. For an appetizer we had the mussels in a curry flavored broth. It was very good. Also had the spinach salad which was good. DH had the pork chop which turned out to be two thinner chops as opposed to one thick chop. It was moist and flavorful. I had the duck which was disappointing. It had decent flavor, but it was dry. Usually I would send a meal like this back, but I just wasn't in the mood to wait to have a new entree cooked so I just kept it. We were recommended a caramel, salted chocolate ganache dessert as being one of the most popular. It was interesting. The ganache was very good, but the chocolate crust left something to be desired. It was chewy and not very tasty. Would I go back to The Waterhouse? I probably would. It seems like one of those restaurants where you've just got to know what to order. Once you find something that is good, stick with it. The atmosphere at The Waterhouse is very special. For that alone I would consider going back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MerrimackMrs
Rindge, New Hampshire, United States
“food is decent but make sure you have time”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

not one of my favorite places but my friends love it. In the summer they have beautiful outdoor seating by the river which is nicely shaded by birch trees. the food is decent though it seems like it took forever for it 2 come out after we ordered. The staff was very friendly and apologize for the long wait time. if you're not in a rush to be anywhere Waterhouse is a decent meal especially when you're outside

• Visited June 2014