“Lovely stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Perfect little classic motel. Comfortable, beautiful setting, lovely staff and quaint town. We enjoyed our breakfast (supplied by the inn) at the picnic table by the river. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in the area! We have stayed there many times and always been happy.

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Somers, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Jack Daniels is practically the only game in town if you want to stay in Peterborough, as I found out when I started researching the options. Fortunately, it's a nice establishment so I was happy with my choice. The location is very close to downtown, and the rooms were spacious and clean (my most important criterion), though the room was a little dark so I tended to keep all the lights on. It was quiet even though it's right off of a main road, and the service was excellent - I felt perfectly comfortable going to the office to ask for advice on locations in town, or to grab the complementary breakfast (and don't forget cookies in the evening!). The folks behind the counter were very friendly and welcoming.

The only part I wasn't thrilled about was that the price is a little high for a motor inn in my opinion, at $139/night (my wife has stayed at full-blown hotels for $80 in Maryland and I don't think of Peterborough as warranting city prices). But in fairness it's priced to the market, as the alternatives I researched were about the same or more expensive. Though I found slightly less expensive alternatives, they were outside of town by 15-20 minutes. As a result, for me, the location won out versus saving a few bucks per night. I willingly chose to pay the rate when I booked so I don't blame them, but just be aware that the the value is good though not a bargain.

Overall it's a nice establishment with a great location and wonderful proprietors, but "only" a good value instead of a great value. All things considered, I would stay here again, but would price shop it again too before I made my final reservation.

If you found this review helpful please let me know and mark it! Thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again. The front desk/owners were friendly and helpful. I loved the modern bathroom with glass shower door and no icky curtain. Neat room darkening shades that you just pull down or push up. The desk with mirror was a nice place to sit while doing my hair and make up. Breakfast was nice with yogurt, fruit, cereal and juice that one can take back to their room. One recommendation: ask for a room on the river side as opposed to the road. The noise didn't keep me up but I was second in from the road and could hear traffic.

Cute and clean motel...the owners really care about this place.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Explorer926
Con2cook, Owner at Jack Daniels Motor Inn, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
We certainly hope that you will have a chance to stay with us again! Thank you for this review - you have touched on points that are great feedback for us as well as very helpful information for future guests.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stay here for 2 nights each summer for the MacDowell Colony Medal Day weekend, and are always pleased to return. The rooms are large and comfortable, very clean, and the owners are friendly in a sincere way. By now, they even reserve our favorite room (it has a view of a rapidly rushing stream nearby) for us a year ahead of time. One can walk to central Peterborough but most people probably drive to get food there or elsewhere in the area. Several churches are on the same road leading to the center of this pleasant town. The Inn offers a continental breakfast with juice, coffee, and pastries and perhaps something else such as yogurt but I can't be sure of that.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far right end will have a view of the pretty stream.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol K
Thank you for your kind words! Pam and I (and all of our staff) really enjoy getting to know guests and it is wonderful when guest like you return. And we do have yogurt (regular and light)!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Peterborough, NH.
I was here for business so I couldn't really enjoyed the city but, at least, I could enjoyed the place.
The room was nice and comfortable. The welcome and the service were great...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank phkrief
Thank you - we hope you can stay longer next time so that we can share some of the great restaurants, shops, hiking trails and more with you!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here with my wife for 2 nights earlier this month. The rooms are spacious, clean, and nicely furnished with an LG LCD television. They also have DVD players available to borrow and movies to borrow or you can rent from a redbox machine at the nearby Shaw's or CVS. My only issue with the room is we had a room that adjoined another so it was a bit noisy being able to hear the people in the next room (not traveling with us) talking but that's to be expected I think. There also was a bit of noise from other rooms besides that one but it was not too bad. My only real issue is I believe our car was vandalized in the hotel parking lot. It was keyed the during our stay and as best as we can remember the damage was not present until the last morning of our stay leading us to believe it occurred our last night there. This is no fault of the staff and was probably another guest but it's still did give us a slightly if perhaps undeservedly negative feeling about our weekend away. Still, if you're in the area, this is the place to stay. Friendly staff, comfortable room, complementary coffee and breakfast items, close to amenities (town, grocery store, Dunkin Donuts) and attractions (Windblown Trails ski area is only a short drive away).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have an adjoining room
Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CardiffGiant11
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We try to anticipate our guests' needs to make sure you enjoy your visit. I am truly sorry to learn about your vehicle and understand how that would affect your feelings about your visit to the area. Thank you for sharing the positive aspects as well. I hope you will visit again and we can make sure everything is relaxing for you!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for one night and we both concur this might have been the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean and modern, the bathroom was very nice. Clean shower! Nice LG TV, flat screen. Close proximity to Crotched Mountain, only 20 minutes away. And the town itself has some nice restaurants with good food. I highly recommend staying here. Coffee and snacks are available for free downstairs, excellent breakfast

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcin-Killkittens
Con2cook, Owner at Jack Daniels Motor Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We are so glad you could stay with us, and we appreciate your kind words! As you point out, we are very fortunate to have a nice variety of great restaurants nearby. It makes a nice treat after a day of skiing and riding. We hope you have a chance to visit again this season!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
BEST WESTERN PLUS Keene Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Crotched Mountain Resort & Spa
Hancock Inn
Hancock Inn
#1 of 1 in Hancock

Been to Jack Daniels Motor Inn? Share your experiences!