“"A little rain can't keep us from having a good time"”
Review of Tall Timber Lodge

and 1 more site!
Tall Timber Lodge
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Another great experience at Tall Timber Lodge. We have visited TTL for the past couple of years now, and have been more than pleased with each stay. Everyone really does go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The staff, and owners are always friendly, and helpful.
We had three days of wet weather, and still managed to pull off a couple of short hikes. We also saw moose, deer, and grouse The foliage was nothing short of amazing, and the fishing, well... anytime I get to fish thats always good!
The lodge is a cozy place to relax, and we took full advantage of the chairs looking out at the lake.
"Rainbow Grill & Tavern". The food was great as always, but I will say that breakfast is one of my favorites.
Thanks for a great place to stay.
Can't wait to come back!

1  Thank tag2117

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Tall Timber is the perfect low key, yet comfortable accomodations we were looking for. We stayed in a cabin across the lake from the main lodge so it was very peaceful. There was a small boat for our use, table & chairs outside to sit & watch the ducks (& 1 insane little chipmonk). This was my kind of vacation; a deck, glass of wine, large kitchen, sauna, and beautiful scenery...if only mother nature wouldn't have hidden the sun from us it would've been perfect. We definitely plan to return, & check out one of the other cabins....Anglers Cove was pretty chilly when the wind was heavy.

Room Tip: Anglers Cove was a great cabin, it had everything we could need for a super relaxing vacation. It...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My brother and I returned to Tall Timber and Pittsburg for another round of fall fishing. Our stay was perfect. The accommodations, the staff, the food, the fishing, all were exactly what we were expecting. this is a family owned and run place, and they are all on site. And they all make sure that your stay is without problem or hassle. Tall Timber is not "on the beaten path" but it is well worth the trip to get there.
This is a rustic lodge and cabins, so you will not find granite and marble in the bathrooms, or foofy towels and bathrobes. What you will find is an authentic stay in the north country with folks who are intent on making sure you are warm, well fed, and taken care of. The restaurant and bar at Tall Timber offer some pretty amazing food from a kitchen that knows what they are doing. Good variety, good sized servings, well prepared dishes.
For those looking for a great place to stay for hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, moose watching, or a stay in northern New Hampshire, this is the place. One drawback, if you absolutely NEED to be hooked into your internet/email, be aware that the wireless here is slow and spotty.
I am looking forward to a fishing trip again next year, and another return trip to Tall Timber.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lodge, and there are shared bathrooms, so understand that when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My friend told me about Tall Timber because he has hunted and did some atv riding with his wife.He was so right about the place.My wife and 2 sons rented Syds cabin.The cabin is more like a 2 bedroom house about 900 sq ft.The cabin was complete and I mean complete with everything you had at home.Washer,dryer,micorwave,silverware etc....Everything was spotless and so comfortable that you thought you were home.We brought all our own food so we cook ed outside on the gas grill and saved alot of money going out to eat.The lake and mountains are so beautiful there .We went there for atv riding and had a great time doing so.The sport of atv riding is growing fast because it's a great family time together.When you have the time get to Tall Timber and have the time of your life ! It doesn't matter what the reason just go .The staff is wonderful and very respect. Tall Timber is my home away from home from now on ! I can't wait to go back in te spring .Only 1 drawback don't forget anything because it's a ride to get something. You will enjoy completly .

Room Tip: Try Syds cabin..Great for a family sleeps up to 7..you can't go wrong
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Tall Timber Lodge. It was recommended to us by a co-worker friend of mine. We went up during the weekend to see some moose and view the fall foliage. It was raining, so we didn't see any moose, but the foliage was fantastic! We stayed in one of the White Birch apartments and my wife (who is a bit of a neat-freak) kept telling me how impressed she was by how clean everything was. I have to agree with her, it was very clean and quite cozy! The staff are very friendly as well. My only regret was that we could only stay for one night. We definitely plan on returning next year for a longer stay!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We have never been dissapointed in anyway with the accomadations,the staff, or the car hunt for moose. The moose don't always appear, however the hunt is amazing. The scenery is grand. We always stay in the lodge and everyone including other guest are all friendly. We have met the most interesting people to chat with during our stays. It is so relaxing and laid back..LOVE IT!

Room Tip: We like a private bath so we choose room 6 in the lodge. refrigerator, microwave, great tv and roomy...
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My husband and I found out about the TTL from a friend who was at the Tall Timber Lodge in their Cast for Recovery program for breast cancer survivors.
We have stayed at the TTL three times and this place is like heaven on earth! The Bess is a beautiful house right on Back Lake. The staff at the TTL treats you as if you are part of the family. I can’t wait to go back in June.
The day we were leaving my husband said “I don’t want to leave”

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Colebrook Country Club & Motel
Notch View Inn
Notch View Inn
#5 of 9 in Colebrook
Bear Rock Suites
Bear Rock Suites
#1 of 9 in Colebrook

Been to Tall Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!