Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Buck Rub Lodge(Pittsburg)
  • Bar/Lounge
Down Home Motel(Groveton)
View Hotel
All reviewsrainbow grillnorth countryfly fishingmoose watchingyear after yearbreakfast and dinnergas stoveno cell phone coveragelog cabinwe've stayedcanadian bordercoffee makerlaketavernsnowmobiletttom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I first stayed at Tall Timber in October 2012, which was my first hunting trip with my Dad. I fell in love with the place right away. They have rustic log cabins that look out over the lake. The cabins are impeccably clean and have all the basic necessities plus the lodge has an amazing restaurant. For my Dad's Christmas present, I reserved a cabin for this past October and it was even better than I remember. Our cabin had two bedrooms a cast iron stove, a fridge and dish ware. It was conveniently located right near the main cabin and we had breakfast and dinner there. Tall Timber is just one of those places that sticks out. The staff is very friendly and welcoming and it has a relaxed cozy atmosphere. I have already reserved a reservation for next year and I'm already looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: The lakeside cabins offer incredible views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Fishtheworld, Owner at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thanks again for staying with us recently and for your kind comments as well.

We're glad that you were able to come up here and have a good time with your Dad and are already anticipating your return trip next year - that's how vacations are supposed to be.

Thanks and we look forward to having you here again with us next year!

Tom Caron

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Man this is about as far north as you can get. Right along the Canadian border and by some beautiful scenery, lakes small quaint towns and great folks.

I must admit, as much as you are out in no man's land, I was surprised by the number of small businesses in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2013

On our second trip to tall timbers my fishing buddy had a family emergency , we had to cut our trip short , the manager could not have been more understanding , we really enjoyed our time both years at the lodge , clean cabins with great views and the best food in northern n.h. We will be back next year

Room Tip: Request a cabin on the lake
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I visited Tall Timber for the second time, this summer. The first time we stayed in the lodge, the second time we stayed in Beech Cabin. We were on our way home from a vacation in Canada's Atlantic Provinces and just needed a place at the end of our vacation that was larger than the standard hotel room to unpack our stuff, spread out and relax. We were able to park right beside our cabin- lovely because we made 100 trips from the truck to the cabin while unpacking. The cabin was clean and comfortable and the kitchen was equipped with everything we needed (like a coffee maker) and plenty we didn't (like pots and pans). The cabin was perfect for us but I suppose if you had two attitudinal teenagers, the tiny second bedroom with bunkbeds might be a little close for comfort. Then again, the family that stayed next to us had two teenagers and they seemed to do just fine.

Keep in mind that if you stay in a lakeside cabin, your next door neighbors are literally right next door. We never heard a sound from the other cabins and everyone was lovely. Actually, when we arrived, two families were barbecuing next door and we were immediately and unhesitatingly invited for dinner and then to the bonfire after dinner. Speaking of dinner, eat in the Rainbow Grille-- you WILL NOT regret it. As you're not exactly spoiled for choice for dinner in the area anyway, the Grille is an excellent and delicious choice.

One of the things that we love about Tall Timber is that, in this crazy world of technology and workaholic attitude, this place still exists. Somehow, through the wonder that is Tall Timber, we willingly give up our cell phones and our laptops (there is wifi in the lodge) and we talk to our neighbors in the cabin next door and canoe out on the lake and sit in the evenings and have a drink and listen to the loons and watch three generations of a family sit on the dock and do some fishing and remember that, not so long ago in history, we said hello and good morning and please and thank you. We come to a lodge in northern New Hampshire and are suddenly transported back to a time and a place where families and friends gathered, where time slowed down, where we breathe deeply, relax, and enjoy just being together. That, my friends, is the magic of Tall Timber. We will be back. If it were possible, we would visit every year, multiple times a year. But, despite this fact or maybe because of it, Tall Timber is a special place for my husband and I. Now stop reading and GO!

Room Tip: Cabins have parking right behind or next to them. The lodge has no elevator and some bathrooms are shared. However, the lodge does have a coffee station and coffee (if you make it) is always available.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ADCarter1
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I began my stay here very worried, I'm not the out door type, I traveled with my husband and good friends. We hired a guide who taught me how to fly fish. His name was Angus, what a great guy. I not only learned how to fish but had the time of my life. The cabin we stayed in was perfect, so clean and cozy. The food in the restaurant, Rainbow Grille, was outstanding!!! Smoked trout that everyone should have the opportunity to have. I even fit in a PEDI!!!! Yes, they have spa services. I can't wait to go back. Everyone is so nice and I felt so welcomed. I now want to go snowmobiling there. Can't wait for my return visit.

Room Tip: Stayed in cabins 4 & 5 just perfect!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank j20328
TallTimberLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Tall Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear j20328

Thank you for your great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I remember you were quite apprehensive about going fly fishing, but I had no doubt that you would come back with a whole new attitude. Angus is an awesome guide, and his passion for fly fishing is contagious.

Of course, the fact that you added a nice, relaxing pedi with Sarah, could only make your weekend better.

I look forward to seeing you again. maybe for a snowmobile weekend. I can schedule a pedi for that too! thanks again

Corinne Howland