“Great Place to Stay on Back Lake”
Review of Tall Timber Lodge

and 1 more site!
Tall Timber Lodge
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Tall Timber was a great place to stay. We recently stayed there for 2 nights with a 2-month old baby, dog and grandparents. The place was clean and very cozy! I highly recommend a stay here and will be going back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2009

Going back for the third time this August. We've stayed in "Bess" and "Angler's Cove" and the peace and serenity found at Tall Timbers erases all traces of the hectic, workaholic lifestyle of New York City.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at Tall Timber Lodge (in Chuck's Cabin) for one night. The only thing we regret is that we did not stay longer! The cabin was adorable, the location was perfect, eberyone could not do enough for us, dinner and breakfast were amazing and extremely reasonable and we saw 13 Moose!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2007

Just back from our second stay at the Tall Timber Lodge. We stayed in Room #5 which has a partial lake view, private bath, and TV. The room also had a double bed and a single bed. The room is very small, but there is ample bureau space to store your clothing in. Room was very clean. The only thing I didnt like was that there was no screen on the window if you wanted it open.
The on-site restaurant and pub were great - good food and drinks.
All employees we encountered were friendly and helpful.
If you are looking for a very quiet getaway to do some moose watching, fishing, and plain old relaxing, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank vter
Reviewed 7 June 2007

I am going back for my second time this August. Setting is awesome, see Loons and ducks on a regular basis (very friendly ducks I might add, my son wants to go back just for the ducks!). Food is fabulous...not just fabulous "for the area", but can compete with or exceed any restaurant in NYC or Boston. Try it....

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank CaveManTV
Reviewed 3 February 2005

Great all around stay, beautiful location on the water, private cabins and a fantastic dinner at the lodge!

2  Thank Michelle B
A TripAdvisor Member
Greenfield, MA
Reviewed 25 August 2004

The Tall Timber Lodge is in a beautiful setting on a lake on a road just off Route 3, known as Moose Alley. My husband and I spent two nights of our anniversary vacation in one of the rooms in the main lodge in August for $54/night. The room was clean and very pleasant, qualities not generally guaranteed at such a low price. We didn't have a private bath, as the slightly more expensive private-bath lodge rooms and the much more expensive cabins were booked. The room did have AC, something I can't live without when the temperature goes above 80 and which I consider much more important than a private bath. One morning, we sat in Adirondack chairs on the Lodge's lawn and watched loons on the lake, then drove down route 3 and met a moose. There's a good restaurant in the lodge where we had dinner one night, shying away from the elk on the menu and having trout and lamb instead. The service was great at the restaurant and in the lodge in general, and it was overall one of the best lodging values I've ever experienced. Seeing loons out our front door and moose down the street more than compensated for the hardship of forgoing a jacuzzi on our anniversary! (though I understand they've got a couple of cabins with jacuzzis, but you've got to book well ahead and spend more than $54)

• Stayed: August 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Colebrook Country Club & Motel
Notch View Inn
Notch View Inn
#5 of 9 in Colebrook
Bear Rock Suites
Bear Rock Suites
#1 of 9 in Colebrook
A Peace of Heaven Bed and Breakfast

Been to Tall Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!