All reviewsfly fishingconnecticut lakemoose alleygreat north woodsget awaytroutgas grillfudgemoose watchingguest housefull kitchena great vacationfire pitmain officemini vacationbeautiful areacanadian border
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was not expecting to find the type of cabin we were given after booking the package on living social...it was a full 3 bdrm. house! It was somewhat dated but VERY clean. The view was spectacular. We were happy with our stay and have talked about how fun it would be to book the same cabin but bring our sons with their families next time. Wish we didn't live so far away.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking advantage of the Living Social promotion, and for choosing to stay with us. On behalf of our staff, I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the services you received. We are quite proud of the work we do, and appreciate it when a guest takes the time to comment on it. Should you plan a return trip all the way back to Pittsburg, we would love to host you again, and would be just as excited to host your family as well.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in a terrific cabin above First Connecticut Lake with a great view of the surrounding country to the Northeast. It was high enough off the highway to be quiet, although there isn't that much traffic this far north. My wife was able to spend time with her writing and I fished with a guide, Bill Bernhardt, on the Connecticut River Trophy Section below the dam. Bill was excellent and the first guide I fished with who went through my fly selection and we used them. Most guides use their own stuff, which helps that day, but doesn't help you that much in the long run. We caught several nice Brook Trout and Rainbows and I learned a great deal from Bill. Lopstick is spotless and well-cared for. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Bill is a tremendous guide, and certainly is knowledgeable in all aspects of fly fishing. It is nice to hear that both you and your wife were able to completely enjoy your unique forms of relaxation while on vacation with us. This is, after all, the purpose of a vacation. On behalf of the entire staff at Lopstick, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Wow! What a gorgeous place. We stayed at "the Camp". It is just wonderful. Fully equipped kitchen, laundry room, cozy, and the best porch overlooking the lake that money can buy. We have already booked it for snowmobiling this winter. Love it!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your recent stay in "The Camp." As you mentioned this cabin is nothing short of spectacular. As you may, or may not, know; this is one of our property managed cabins, and the owner spared no details in its construction to ensure that everything was done right. On behalf of Lopstick and the owners of the Camp, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again this winter.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights at Bear Cabin which is one of the older original cabins on the property. I am very fussy about cleanliness and this place is very clean. The entire. Property is very well maintained and we enjoyed just sitting on our little porch watching the Orvis fishing guide give a young boy and his dad fly fishing lessons in the stocked trout pond. The purpose of our trip was to see moose, however we have not been successful at that. The cabin we stayed in was very completely furnished including a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove, coffee pot, dishes, and even a gas grill on the porch. The view is unbelievable from all over the property overlooking First Connecticut Lake. We were here at the peak of leaf color so it made a stunning site. I would highly recommend these cabins to anyone looking for peace and quiet and relaxation. The cabins are rustic,but very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Any of the cabins are great-we were in one of the older ones and there are brand new ones, too. We purposely requested one of the quaint, rustic ones.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us in Bear's Den. As you mentioned, this cabin is very unique in that it is one of our original cabins. Despite being built many decades ago, it still remains one of our most popular cabins. It is nice to hear that you too enjoyed it as much as many of our other guests. I also like the fact that you mentioned being able to enjoy the scenery of the fall foliage and of the family getting fly fishing lessons. It is enjoying those simple things that make vacations so special. On behalf of our housekeeping department, thank you for your compliments regarding cabin cleanliness, our housekeepers take great pride in their work, and are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure the cabins are just as clean, if not cleaner, than their own homes. If you plan a return trip to Pittsburg, we would love to host you again.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My wife, dog, another couple and I spent labor day weekend up in the great north. We spent 3 nights in the lakeview cabin, which turned out to be a good spot. It is about the hill from 1st CT lake, but this cuts down on the loons at night and road noise from rt 3. I've never heard loons before, and found them really amusing. I'd like to note that the proprietor's maintain a large lawn around these cabins, which is really nice touch.

I enjoyed having the comforts of home (reliable wifi, tv), but seldom used them because there are so many other great things to do. We did most sight-seeing excursions recommended by the desk. This included both falls (garfield and beaver brook), 2 of the covered bridges, 4th connecticut lake, stargazing (amazing!), and a failed attempt to find moose.

I had a great time and can't wait to go back. The wifi was reliable and fast, so working from the cabin could be considered.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Andre D, Front Office Manager at Lopstick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your recent stay in Lakeview. I am glad your Labor Day experience with us was all you expected it to be, and that you were able to experience the eerie call of the loons at night, and all the other natural beauty that makes Pittsburg such a special place. These are truly unique experiences, which should not be missed by any one. I am also glad you appreciated having Wi-Fi and the ability to connect with the outside world. This amenity was added this spring, and it has been greatly appreciated by all the guests who have stayed at Lakeview. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. See you again soon.