“Gorgeous with a Camp-y Feel”

Common Man Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 26 September 2008

I cannot think of anywhere I'd rather stay-- short of Disney World-- than the Common Man. My girls simply love the place (8 and 14) and we would never have to leave the Inn to keep them happy. Which is probably good, because there isn't a whole lot to do in Plymouth.

The rooms can be big (there are a range of sizes and styles-- just ask), and the bathrooms are spacious. We've requested a DVD player for our room and extra pillows. The handmade soaps in the bathroom are sold downstairs also. We love the room with the fireplace and sitting room that is really like a 4-season porch. I love the feeling here of staying over at a friend's house, except for the few times we have stayed when there was wedding. It isn't noisy then, not really, but it is a bit more crowded downstairs. We love the lobby, with its little shopping area, we love the building and the photos from waaaayyy back. The food is terrific at the restaurant. There really is nothing we don't like and we've stayed here at least 6 times and we leave again next week for a long weekend there. But the best part is Fletcher the cat. Part greeter, part "cat-away-from-home", Fletcher may stop by your room for a visit, or remain completely invisible to you. I would recommend the Common Man Inn to all but the most uptight, picky people you might know. But what the heck would they be doing in Plymouth, NH anyway??? Now if I would only think ahead to reserve time at the gorgeous spa...

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Luvamoose67

Reviewed 14 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Common Man this summer while visiting our son at camp. Because this is a busy time of year, we were fortunate to get a room; we had called in May, but at the time they were completely booked for our weekend in August; fortunately I called again later in the summer and found there had been a cancellation - yay! Having visitedNewfound Lake over the course of 10 years, we have stayed at a variety of small motels and B&Bs, but the Common Man was definitely the best option we've found. A great bar and restaurant are real pluses, and the workout area helps when rain keeps you off the hiking trails. All in all, a very nice addition to the region.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2008

After driving around in NewHampshire looking for a place for our family on Labor Day Weekend, we stopped at the Common man to ask if they had availability. They had only "the bunk room" , and this turned out to be unbelievable!! My 2 kids had a separate room (separated by a curtain) with a bunk bed and my husband and I had the queen bed. (privacy!!!!) We were only able to stay one night and my kids still haven't stopped talking about this place. They loved the pool and the waterfall hottub, they loved the breakfast and the restaurant there. My kids were mezmerized by the old photos and the fact that the Inn was once a popsicle Mill. I checked out the spa and although I couldn't take advantage this time, I look forward to spending some time at the spa very soon! The Inn is also kind of in a central location in New Hampshire, so we drove to Lincoln and North Conway. We have been staying in New Hampshire for more than 20 years and we haven't found a better place than The Common Man!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank smackbobo
Reviewed 6 May 2008

I stayed here along with my husband and dog, what a wonderful hotel. The food is exceptional, the rooms inviting and cozy, the staff is super friendly. We loved the waterfall jacuzzi, it was so relaxing. A perfect place for a romantic getaway!!! Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 March 2008

We enjoyed our stay here. Dinner was good, they have a cheese and cracker bar in the lounge while you wait. The continental breakfast was in a quaint separate area off to the lounge, get there early (it get's a little busy). The room we stayed in was large and clean, but the Queen bed is a little small, so opt for a King or two Queens if you like a lot of room. The waterfall rock jacuzzi was wonderful after a day of skiing but a little difficult to get in and out of and not very big. The sauna was also hot! The pool area could use some renovation, (it being a Spa) the walls are brick and need some necessary repairing and a new bright color of paint by the other jacuzzi area, which also needed repair.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 19 November 2007

We had a ladies Weekend Getaway at the Inn, we had an awesome, relaxing time. From the moment we entered the Lobby, it was warm and inviting. The rooms were great, we stayed in one of the rooms with fireplace. The service at the restaurant was top notch, food delicious, great atmosphere. It was a total of eight ladies, we had no complaints. We all had spa treatments, can I say the Spa was out of this world and they paid attention to every details, i was quite impress. Before checking out, some of us had already booked for a future stay. I will be taking my husband the next time around!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2007

The Common Man Inn, Plymouth, New Hampshire is our favorite, relaxing get-away!! We have been visiting The Common Man Inn for over 5 years..First, far surpasses just pet friendly..greeted in room with a doggie bone with our big girls' name on it, 'Miss Daisy'..our very loving 150 pound St. Bernard!
The rooms are lovely and reflect country New England. The food is outstanding, from burgers to grilled Salmon..in the morning, an option for a hearty inexpensive breakfast! Also pls take advantage of their jacuzzi's..AND don't forget to make an appt for their Hot Rock Massage...ahhhhh.We just love it there!! For you leaf peepers in the fall...this is the place!! Though we go ANYTIME!! The STAFF is FANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Plymouth
Mill Falls at the Lake
#2 of 3 in Meredith
Church Landing at Mill Falls
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains

Been to Common Man Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!