“beware”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Plymouth
Woodland, California
“beware”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

After staying for 17days and was booked for another 17 days they decided to move me from the cabin I was in to give it to someone who was staying longer. The cabin I was in was nice but nothing special the cabin they wanted to move me into had a small plugin heater, no kitchen and paint peeling off the wall. I told them I was going to check out and find another place to stay and was told that they do not give refunds. Not the right thing to do. Stay away

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bcd33290

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Delaware
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed one night at this Inn. I was traveling through and just needed a one night sleepover. Easy to make reservation. Greeted upon arrival. Found room clean and safe. Reminded me of many Best Western's I have stayed out. Quiet area. Near to downtown Plymouth. Did not stay for breakfast the next morning. Would consider staying again. Only downfall is no coffee pot in room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cvandenbraak
Copenhagen
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights on our way throug New England. A nice little motel with what you need for a night or two. The room was clean and we was met by a friendly hostess. And it's alway nice that you can get your breakfast without leaving the motel.
OK place for a night or two to the price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank j-winther
Maine
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We knew this was a simple, small operation going in and since we only needed a place to sleep and leave early it served that purpose. However, I asked the rate on the phone with AAA or AARP and I was told $68 with all taxes and fees included. That was the same rate on the internet without any discounts but I just needed a bed. Total bill ended up being $75.21 which is the 9% tax charged in New Hampshire. As I said, we had to head out early for an appointment so I didn't argue but am posting it here for future travelers to beware. Not a big deal, just not what I was told.

Room Tip: all are the same, as long as you are back from the road.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mollybgood
Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We came here to stay because we had a wedding to attend. The staff was courteous. The breakfast area had many choices and was fully stocked. Rooms were clean. I wouldn't say it is a place for kids, there is no pool or entertainment but it was just right for what we needed. I checked other prices in the area any many were almost twice the price which was ridiculous for just a room. I would highly recommend this if you are just looking for a place to lay your head down for a night or 2.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia C
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Staff couldn't have done more- room was fine and clean. There were two beds - both very small so we slept in one each, the linen was clean and crisp which was nice. It was absolutely freezing and the heat worked really well for which we were grateful. Had a fridge and microwave but no coffee making facilities but thats ok as I boiled up water in the microwave and had my own teabags. The only disappointment was that there was no breakfast - there was cereal (two types) but despite sign - no milk. No bread for toast or anything else. A shame but not a deal breaker. The price was far from the best we have paid but over the road was $15 more so we opted for the cheaper option. Weren't disappointed.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
rehoboth ma
Reviewed 20 June 2011

sunny and his wife were great. they came and sat by the fire with us. she was cooking something that smelled amazing and offered us some! needless to say it was mmm. what ever we needed we got, extra towels, pillows, blankets etc! if your looking for a cute quaint place to stay with no frills, this is your place!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
bdlpv, Manager at Pilgrim Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us. We love to have you guys come back next year. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Plymouth
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Ashland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
Red Carpet Inn & Suites Plymouth

Been to Pilgrim Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!