“Best chowder and clams around the area!”
Review of George's Seafood

George's Seafood
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: George's Seafood is best known for many years of dining service to the greater Plymouth, NH area. Although we specialize in seafood, we also have have one of the best steaks in the area and customers love pairing our steak tips with a seafood item for a delightful Surf & Turf combo. We have our own smoker so pulled pork and rib entrees fall off the bone and melt in your mouth. Enjoy!
Holderness, New Hampshire
“Best chowder and clams around the area!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

What George's Seafood lacks in atmosphere it makes up in the quality of the food. I particularly enjoy their fish chowder before I delve into my main entree. Their salad is also very fresh and delicious. I usually prefer the baked or broiled fish and have never had a bad meal here. Always cooked to perfection and served hot. Very generous portions as well. My husband raves about the fried clams, so I had to try them. GREAT! This is the one Plymouth area restaurant we will always go back to when we want a good fish meal.

• Visited March 2012

Surrey
“Good value for money, not for special occasions”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We went as a group of 7 with kids. The room is pretty basic and felt a little cold. There is a big emphasis on fresh seafood so we were surprised that a request to have shrimp broiled instead of breaded on a combo special could not be accommodated. I had shrimp pasta with garlic sauce which was very bland. The biggest hit on our table were the steak tips! We were visitors to the area so I would recommend to people like us who needed somewhere affordable for dinner with reasonable food.

New Hampshire
“Excellent seafood and smiling service in a busy restaurant”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I went to George's for supper on Valentine's Day. We got there before 6 p.m. hoping that things would not be too busy. This restaurant's parking lot (which is ample) seems to be full any evening, so we were not surprised that the three dining areas were full on Valentine's Day. They told us it would be about a 10-minute wait for a table, but it was less than 5 minutes. We did have a bit of a wait before our server appeared, but things were very busy, and her smiling demeanor and helpfulness went a long way toward easing any impatience on our part. (In addition, there are trivia game cards on the tables to entertain diners while they wait.) The service was very quick once our orders had been taken.

I have been trying to avoid wheat, so was interested to know what the seafood breading contained. Our server obligingly checked with the kitchen, and the answer -- corn flour and cream -- was most helpful. With that matter settled, we were free to order the Valentine special -- a captain's platter for two for $29. It came with two side dishes -- we chose butternut squash (nicely spiced) and baked potato. The price also included two salads. The platter was huge and heaped with fried haddock, clams, shrimp, and scallops and topped with a mound of onion rings as well. We were not able to finish and ended up bringing some of it home. A chocolate kiss for each of us and a free carnation for me topped off our special meal. We were very pleased with the price and the value for such a delicious celebratory dinner.

• Visited February 2012
Warren, New Hampshire
“Very pleased this time”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Had a very nice experience this time at George's. The clam chowder that my wife had was great. We both ordered the haddock plate. The coating was light and the fish was cooked to perfection. Very pleasant visit which is more of the norm than the last visit.

1 Thank Redwing227
Unity, New Hampshire
“good little seafood restaurant”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Baked stuffed haddock is excellent, get it evertime I go there with friends when we camp in Wentworth. Food is typical and what you would expect from this type of restaurant and sometimes the service is so slow you think they are out fishing for your dinner while you are waiting, but when the food finally comes, it is good

1 Thank mbellimer