“Big disappointment ”

Portsmouth Harbor Trail
Ranked #20 of 76 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic walking route that includes important historic landmarks in the Portsmouth area.
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I went up to spend a gorgeous spring day and it was a huge disappointment. The websites make it sound as if the walk is something easily done and a nice way to spend time. Abbreviated trails and hard to find areas, I wasn't impressed. I wouldn't recommend this attraction.

5  Thank SueP2013
"sites"
"boats"
"homes"

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Portsmouth is a nice place to visit. Lot's of scenery, architecture, and good restaurants. I recommend taking a walk and a drive along the harbor road. Then stop at the old historic fort Fort Constitution. From the shoreline you can see the old Portsmouth Navy Prison, an old gothic castle like structure.

3  Thank michael m
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a great activity to do, especially if you can go on the guided walking tour which meets on select days of the week and starts from the tourist information booth outside Breaking Grounds coffee house in Market Square. My husband and I were fortunate to do this tour with Connie, a very knowledgable tour guide who has been a Portsmouth local all her life. She told us lots of interesting facts both about Portsmouth, and its place in American history. The route takes you through all the historical highlights of Portsmouth and Connie was able to answer any questions we had. I would highly recommend taking the guided tour!

2  Thank DavenNatski
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This was a great way to spend a couple of hours in Portsmouth. I really love taking these walking tours because you feel like you get insight into the region from a local perspective. First, I need to tell you it was raining but it didn'tr dampen anyones enthusiasm, the guide or the eight participants. It was a very interesting tour and the guide did a great job. She informed us of historical facts and current facts in an interesting way. The tour lasted well over two hours and she could have gone on much longer.It does require walking for two hours.The guide suggested several places for lunch and we picked the bakery. The baked good were to die for. Strawberry Bank Museum is close so we had lunch and went to the museum which was fabulous. All of the docents are in costurme. I really enjoyed our day in Portsmouth.

1  Thank pamfletcher