“Memorial day in Portsmouth”

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
“Memorial day in Portsmouth”
Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here over the memorial day weekend. Enjoyed our experience overall. The facilities were spotless, the location fantastic- a couple of blocks from the city center. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The only negative was an a/c unit that was a bit noisy and did not feel as if it was cooling the room adequately. A request to have it checked was completed immediately, though. All of the staff were pleasant and professional. Would definitely stay here again for a great location and good value. Oh, almost forgot, loved the complimentary coffee service ( Starbucks) each morning!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Louisiana
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Wonderful stay in one of their suites. I understand that the suites are time shares that the hotel manages for them. All amenities were there and the room was clean. The air conditioning wasn't up to par, but it was cool outside so we just opened the windows. Great Hotel, would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2012

two choices in the area marriott wentworth and sheraton harbor edge goes to sheraton
great food on-site massage service is worth the money
the area has many local food sources
do this one

Room Tip: club floors a must
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kc n
Kongsberg
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The Portsmouth Sheraton is a well located hotel close to the old town. It is well maintained and rooms were good size. The staff was very friendly and form the bar you can overlook the river.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas P
Germany
Reviewed 30 May 2012

we stayed here for 5 nights. the rooms were clean, staff friendly, drinks in the bar excellent. location is nice. walking distance to restaurants and bars.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dunbarton
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Have plans to stay at the Sheraton Portsmouth this weekend for a Mother's Day getaway with my daughter and sister. One of the reasons we made a reservation here was because we saw that they had a wonderful brunch planned for Mother's Day. Hotel reservation was made on Monday. I called on Wednesday morning to make a brunch reservation. The woman who answered the phone put me through to the restaurant and nobody would pick up the phone. She came back on the line, apologized, said she would take my reservation information and forward it to the restaurant and that I was all set. I told her I wanted a reservation for 10 or 10:30 because we were checking out at 12:00. I asked if someone could give me a call to confirm and she said she would have them do that. I received a voice message on my cell late in the afternoon on Thursday (almost 2 business days later) from a manager named Morgan saying she was calling about my reservation and if I could call her back. I assumed she was just calling to confirm. I called her back on Friday morning, had to leave two separate voice messages for her and then asked to speak to any live body in the restaurant. I spoke with Randy who looked at the reservation book and couldn't find my reservation. He said that a manager would call me right back. Two hours later I still had not received a return call so I called again. The front desk paged Morgan who eventually came on the phone after I was on hold for about 5 minutes to tell me there were no available reservations until 2:30 p.m. Needless to say it does not appear that the restaurant has its act together. We are very disappointed. I sincerely hope our guest room is up to our expectations or this place will get a "0" star rating from us.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear lmc4321,

We genuinely appreciate that you took the time to provide us with this feedback. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve our system here at the hotel. We are truly sorry that you had to go through this frustrating experience. We would like to apologize for the lack of service your received. This is certainly not up to our standard and as a result we are reviewing our holiday reservations process with the managers and associates in these departments. There was obviously a break down in communication that is unacceptable. We have been putting on holiday brunches for years here at the Sheraton Harborside, many exceeding 500 people per event, so we truly appreciate you taking the time to point this out to us.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope to have another chance to welcome you and provide you with the excellent service we consistently strive to provide our guests.

Warm Regards,
Hotel Management
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Harborside Hotel in Portsmouth, NH last week as a part of the NEERO Conference. The facilities were impeccable and the service was outstanding in every way. It's close to everything so we were able to walk from the property and tour the downtown area. I thougtht that I left my jacket in the hotel lobby so I called the hotel this week to ask about it and the hotel manager took the time to check and then called me back himself!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone ... the folks that work there really care about the guests and make you feel special. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
The Hotel Portsmouth
The Hotel Portsmouth
#1 of 17 in Portsmouth
Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast

Been to Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel? Share your experiences!