Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$183
US$162
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$98
US$85
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
US$157
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$117
Travelocity
1,358 results
All reviewsclub levelself parkingshops and restaurantsvalet servicenew englanddowntown areaindoor poolchristinestarwoodinkytownhouseharboursideconferenceloungeelevatorweddingappetizers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I had a recent stay at the Sheraton Harborside. We travel with our small dog and they accommodated us with a room just off the lobby staircase for easy access to the outside. Unfortunately we were awakened in the night by some noisy housekeeping. We informed Nathan the night manager. He immediately apologized, corrected the problem and offered us complimentary breakfast. On checking out, we accidentally left one of our bags in the parking area. We called later that day and a very courteous manager delivered it to us in Connecticut in 48 hours. The hotel is good but the staff is amazing.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernard P
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Bernard,

Thank you so much for the great compliments to our staff. We will be sure to share your review, especially with Nathan. We'll look forward to welcoming you back to Portsmouth again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We rented one of the townhouses for our four day stay in Portsmouth and we were very pleased with our Sheraton experience. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. We had two bedrooms with a king and queen - we had a two year old with us and I was told there was a folding twin for him. But when we arrived the bed was in the downstairs closet. The hotel offered to bring it upstairs but I felt it would have made the bedrooms too crowded. So I made a "nest" for my grandson in the large walk-in upstairs. The hotel sent over extra blankets and I padded the walls with pillows. He was thrilled to have his own space. The bedrooms have dressers and closets with ample space for longer stays. I loved all the hangers in the closet as most places only give a few. The kitchen has a microwave, large refrigerator and oven. The basics are there - plates, bowls, drinking glasses and wine glasses, flatware sauté pan, and two pots. I called the front desk when I realized there were no forks and I barely hung up the phone when someone was at the door delivering them! The two floor townhouse has a spacious living room and dining room. Although one of the bedrooms faces the street it was very quiet at night. The location couldn't have been better. We were able to walk into town and along the waterfront with our toddler. The only time we went to the main building was to swim - towels were provided and the changing room were clean and convenient. We will stay here again when we're in the area.

Room Tip: I didn't see any wheelchair accessibility All the rooms are quiet

Dear Ruby,

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit in our townhouses. Thank you so much for sharing your comments.

While the townhouses are not accessible we do offer accessible accommodations in the main hotel.

We do hope you'll come visit us again soon.

Warmly,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We went 2 nights in October. All of the staff, the Manager, the Waitress, the Valet, and Maid Service went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. There is plenty of activities to keep you busy in the area. Great shopping for the holidays, antique shops close by, restaurants and brew pubs. The food and service at the Sheraton was exceptional. Will definitely return

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crumps2013
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Crumps2013,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Please come back and see us again soon.

Warmly,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our second stay at the Sheraton Portsmouth (we stayed around the same time last year). We were hoping that the renovations of the rooms would be complete (which they're not). The only rooms that have been renovated are those on the SPG third floor.

The Good
> The staff - all staff we encountered (front desk, valet, housekeeping) were exceptionally friendly. They were all willing to help and treated our children like gold (they have a toy box for the kids to choose from)
>The location - very central location. Shops and restaurants nearby. Easy access to the highway.

The Bad
>Dated rooms - the room we stayed in was in desperate need of a renovation. The lampshade on one of our lamps was completely torn, huge stains on the carpet and this is more of a housekeeping issue but..... blood on the mirror in our bathroom. It's just not what I've come to expect from other Sheraton stays.
>The pool - the pool is usually one of my favourite parts of a hotel stay. This is not the case here. I would describe it as a barren wasteland. White walls, sparsely placed 90s patio furniture, no hot tub or sauna. Usually pools are busy at hotels. Over a three night stay, we only encountered 2 other guests.
>Wifi - the hotel offers complimentary wifi, however the reception is spotty. At times, I would have to move around trying to access the internet.
>We travelled from Canada and had 2 online orders shipped to the hotel (as the companies do not ship to Canada). We called well in advance of our stay to inform the hotel the orders would be arriving and they said it was not a problem and they would put a note on our reservation to hold them for us. We received one package but one package was not there. We contacted the company who said it was delivered. We contacted UPS to ask what was happening and they stated that the hotel refused delivery. So back we go to Canada without one of the parcels we had paid for. When I brought this to the front desk clerk he just shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know anything about it. I was checking out by this point and he said " I have to update your receipt to include three phone calls placed today". After I explained they were phone calls to find the package your hotel lost he still charged me for the calls!! I thought after disappointing us that much they would at least comp our parking, but instead they charge me for phone calls I should never had to place!

In conclusion, this hotel is not a complete dump. Just don't go there expecting a nice stay in a modern hotel. They should take some of the money they use keeping the lobby looking nice and invest it in the rooms and recreational areas. This is what keeps travellers coming back. We travel to Portsmouth at least once a year, but I doubt we'll ever be back.

Room Tip: Try to get on the third floor (rooms are renovated here)
2  Thank NSTraveller902

Dear NSTraveller902,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some very valuable feedback on your visit. We are so sorry to have let you down. We can certainly understand your disappointment with your returned package and the way that it was then handled by our guest experience team. We will certainly be reviewing your story with the team for training purposes.

In regards to your concern over our renovations, we can certainly see how you would feel that way. We only recently updated our lobby and just completed renovations on one floor of guest rooms in August. We are starting a new floor in the early part of 2014 and we are continuing to make improvements as the year progresses. We have heard our guest feedback and we are making steps to update the hotel.

We do hope we will have another chance to welcome you to Portsmouth.

With warmth,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a wedding and reception in the local area, the majority of the guest stayed at the Sheraton Harborside. The staff was excellent and provided to everybody's needs. There were two group meals done at the hotel that went off without a hitch, good food and excellent service. Best spot in NH to stay as there are shops, restaurants and unique bars all within a short walk of the hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, they are terrific.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Brian,

Thank you so much. We are so pleased to hear what an excellent time you had and want to thank you for spending your wedding with us!

Please come back and see us again.

With warmth,