“Exceptional & Phenomenal Customer Service”

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Exceptional & Phenomenal Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I simply cannot say enough about the Sheraton Portsmouth, NH. I first stopped at the hotel back in April 2014 to inquire about staying in July. Micah Craft was so helpful and even had someone take me to a room so I could see their accommodations and he provided bottled water for me, as well. I got his business card and thanked him and said I will let you know when I coordinate with my family. His hospitality was so great that I called back to the Sheraton, booked a room thru the Central Sheraton phone number and then called the Sheraton Portsmouth, NH directly with my reservation number and lucked out, as Micah was on that evening. He even remembered me and worked with me on my Senior Discount rate and my birthday rate, as well. Micah was so knowledgeable, professional and gracious. He sent me a "Warm Welcome" reminder email a few days before my arrival. When I arrived at the Hotel, I was greeted by Linus with his "award winning smile" on checking me in. Linus went on saying "I have great news for you, we have upgraded your reservation." I was absolutely thrilled. My birthday was 3 days away so this was quite a wonderful surprise to me. Linus was just as thrilled as I was about the upgrade. In checking out, I had the pleasure of Sarah helping me. She was very helpful and so pleasant. Overall, I am DEFINITELY returning and I highly recommend the Sheraton, Portsmouth, NH. They are "pet friendly" too, which is another big plus in my book. I have traveled around the world and Micah Craft is the best Hotel Manager ever! Double KUDOS to Micah Craft who deserves the highest Sheraton Award for Management Excellency. Also, Linus and Sarah deserve a Sheraton Awards for their exceptional customer service.

Room Tip: Club Floor has a nice complimentary breakfast and nice complimentary hors d'oeuvres in the early...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Barbenji
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Barbenji,

We can't thank you enough for this glowing review and for taking such time and care in recognizing some of our exceptional team members. We truly appreciate the vote of confidence in our team and will be sure to recognize them individually for a job well done.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Portsmouth, soon.

With warmth,
Sheraton Portsmouth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First, the good bit. Arriving tired, with a dog and a car full of cases, the service in getting our bags up to our room and the car valet parked was faultless. The wifi was actually useable - hurrah!!! The bedding and sheets were top quality. But.....the restaurant is only average, though room service breakfast was good, when they remembered to leave an ordering card to hang on the door. And one day we returned after 5 hours to find the room had not been made up, even though we had asked the maid who was next door as we were leaving. This inconsistent service was a surprise from a "quality" brand such as Sheraton. The room was also in need of new carpet and bed headboards. OK, but no more.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Alastair C
Dear Alastair C,

Thank you for your very candid feedback on your recent visit. We are so incredibly pleased to hear about the warm welcome you received after a long day of traveling. We are also truly sorry to hear about the inconsistent service. This is below our standards and we will absolutely share this feedback with our management team so that we can address these inconsistencies.

We do hope that we will have another chance to welcome you back so that we can show you what truly exceptional service is the usual.

baltimore, maryland
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I recently visited here and were very pleased with exceptional service. We were on a biking vacation and the staff not only found us a room to look the bikes in but they also assisted us with unloading and loading the bikes when I fell ill. Our room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was spacious and updated. Concierge services ably assisted us with directions and meal recommendations. This is one location I would happily revisit

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Londoncal,

We're so sorry to hear you fell ill while on your trip, but happy to hear our staff took such great care of you. We have some great bike routes to explore Portsmouth and we're glad you had a chance to bring yours along.

We hope you'll come see us again soon and this time we'll hope for an illness-free visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We recently attended a family wedding here and everybody loved the accommodations and wedding events. We had a Port-of-Call suite with a great view. Price was reasonable for this popular destination town especially during the summer season. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The Guest Loyalty Manager, Micah Craft, was extremely accommodating, and welcoming. I give this hotel five stars and would have to say the nicest hotel in Portsmouth.

Room Tip: second and third floor rooms have all been updated. We had a water view suite that is dated but cle...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Valcoop,

Thanks so much for your great review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Please come back and see us again!

Warmly,
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We enjoyed our weekend at this hotel. Our cousin got married on Saturday evening and it was a great event. I think we had about 40 rooms in the group block and everyone seemed pleased with their rooms. At checkin they had a hard time finding my reservation and they looked concerned because the hotel was fully booked. Then I noticed in my email confirmation that they had a space in the middle of my last name - that did the trick, relief all around. We liked the luggage carts that we could use ourselves rather than having porter come to room.

We enjoyed the ambience at the restaurant near the lobby and the waiter did a nice job with our big group. My steak was a little bland and my husband was disappointed in his lobster roll… he had just tried a bite of my aunt's and hers was amazing. We arrived later and they my not have expected so many people to order it, so it seemed like they were trying to stretch the lobster further, resulting in more mayo and less meat by the time my husband got his sandwich.

The location is great - easy walk to downtown shops and restaurants, even with baby in stroller.

Our room was a little small, especially since we were setting up pack and play for baby. My aunt had upgraded to a suite and she said she had tons of space on 2 floors! We should've considered that but starting prices were even steep since it's peak season there then. It was clean and modern enough for us. We were happy to discover some relatives in the room next door so we took advantage of the adjoining door. Nice that they grouped guests from the wedding block near each other!

We used the valet (only $3 more per day) but our car had some major scratches when we left. Thankfully I'm not a car fanatic and we didn't have time to address it so oh well. They do seem to park them snugly… consider self park if you are a car person.

Overall nice stay and I'd go back if I could get a bargain or for an extended family event.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear KeMahone,

Thanks so much for your comments - we truly appreciate the feedback. Please feel free to contact us directly about some of the concerns you had as we want to be sure they were addressed. We're so happy your family spent such an important event with us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

christina and travis are freaking awesome. They are the most customer focused employees i have ever met. They assisted us the entire stay from where to eat and what to see. Everything here was terrific...food, people. Rooms. I wouldnt hesitate to come back again.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Susan B
Dear Susan,

Thank you so much for your comments and for recognizing Christina and Travis. We hope to see you back soon.

Warmly,
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed four nights at the Sheraton Harborside Hotel in Portsmouth. Great location downtown with a very easy walk to everything. Would highly recommend that you use valet parking for the extra $3.00 per night. Great friendly and helpful hotel staff. Excellent free in room Wi-Fi. The hotel is clean and well maintained. A great stay!

Room Tip: Water view if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drummerhill
Dear drummerhill,

Thank you so much. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in town.

Warmest Regards,
Sheraton Portsmouth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
The Hotel Portsmouth
The Hotel Portsmouth
#1 of 17 in Portsmouth
Residence Inn Portsmouth Downtown/Waterfront
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast

Been to Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel? Share your experiences!