“Best Japanese in the Seacoast”
Review of Shio

Shio
Ranked #60 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Shio's is the best Japanese restaurant in the NH Seacoast! When they added the Yakitori menu, I was ecstatic! Japanese comfort food like mom used to make and just as good! I've never had a bad meal there (and I've been there a lot!) and I can have anything from sashimi to steak! Great variety of sushi options and a very enthusiastic wait staff that all help in making sure you're enjoying yourself.

There are newer reviews for Shio

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I don't eat out very often, but happened to be on Lafayette Road at lunch time. Because of the reviews, I ordered take out lunches including a bento box, creamy noodles and chicken teriyaki.
Everything was yummy! The service was quick. The prices were reasonable. I would highly recommend checking this place out.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We frequent Shio every few months, some times going for a special occasion, some times just for a lunch at the sushi bar. We have NEVER been dissapointed. Sherri and Alvin (the owners) opened up in 2009 and Shio has been a go-to place since then. Better make reservations for any weekend night. I prefer sashimi so tend to go for their sashimi deluxe plate and their Shio special soup. Both are awesome and everything is very fresh. When this restaurant first opened and we met Sherry and Alvin, they told us a lot of the fish is flown in fresh daily from Japan.

Others in my party like the bento boxes, usually with some kind of chicken or beef, and is always enjoyed. The little one in our party loves the tempura, especially the vegetables.

The noise in the center of the restaurant can be a bit much on a busy night, so try and make a reservation for a tatami room or table.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is the best place for sushi that I've seen in the area for a 50 mile radius
The seafood just melts in your mouth. Have a great selection of Japanese raw and cooked foods, truly superb!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The WORST service & food is nasty!!!! If anyone knows sushi, will know that this is all FROZEN & IMITATION SUSHI!! Stay away & save your $$!!