“Great Restaurant!”

Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving the same American fare with New England flair as our other Common Man locations, but with an added selection of fresh seafood dishes to honor our new seacoast home. You'll also find traditional C-MAN favorites such as our Baked Macaroni and Cheese, award-winning Crab Cakes, Uncommon Salad, New England Pot Roast, Country Meatloaf, and our delicious White Chocolate Bread Pudding for dessert. Serving dinner nightly.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed one night in Portsmouth and wanted some comfort food for lunch.
We decided to try "The Common Man"...and we were very pleased. My husband had the New England Pot Roast which was excellent...tender meat with excellent mashed potatoes, carrots, peas and green beans. I had the delicious butternut squash ravioli with a very fresh garden salad.
We couldn't resist ordering their White Chocolate Bread Pudding...it was outstanding. Our meals
came pretty fast and the staff was very friendly and efficient. We will return to "The Common Man" when we visit Portsmouth in the future. It was a damp day and we sat by the fireplace which
warmed us right up.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was an extraordinary restaurant with a warm and cozy environment. The food was great and there were so many options. Every one in our partywas pleased with their selection. Our server was awesome too. Very friendly and provided great service!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We didn't realize The Common Man was a franchise and they have several restaurants in New Hampshire. The food was moderately priced, served at the proper temperature, and was well prepared. The server we had was courteous, friendly and knowledgeable about items on the menu. I would highly recommend The Common Man for a relaxed casual meal.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have eaten at this Common Man a few times. It is typically consistent service and food -- just average, nothing special. Today my husband got the blue cheeseburger, which he has had before and really enjoyed. I ordered the prime rib sandwich which had an off taste and smell. The waitress did quickly offer an alternative which I chose the pot roast which I have had several times before. The made it right but it wasn't a great start to our lunch. This Common Man is not as good as the Lincoln and Meredith Lake House locations. Noticed this trip that they were not as busy as previously and other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have eaten at the Common Man Portsmouth a number of times. For the most part the food has been good. Sometimes better than other days. For what you get it is quality fare, portions can be a little small for the price paid. Overall nice ambiance in downtown Portsmouth!