“Pretty good”

Ranked #12 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The River House is located along the scenic Piscataqua River. We offer indoor seating and a variety of outdoor seating including a cocktail deck, all with excellent views of Portsmouth's busy waterway. Our menu includes of a variety of classic dishes from land and sea including our award winning seafood chowder. Our scenic views, friendly service and local cuisine are a "Cant Miss" for Portsmouth, NH.
Acton Massachusetts, USA
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Had the seafood chowder which was pretty good, but with all the options in Portsmouth River House does not seem worth a return trip in the near future. Service was fine. Prices seemed somewhat high, including combos that on inspection didn't appear to be deals at all.

Fresh Meadows, New York
“Very Reasonable Lunch in a nice setting”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

let me begin by appologizing to the owner ands staff as well as anyone who read the review i posted few days back......somehow over all rating showed terrible and in NO WAY was that the case.....SO SORRY.......we stopped for lunch there on our first day in portsmouth and I got the small ship platter.....small lobster roll and chowder soup...from friend had a nice meat sandwich..........it was great and very resonable....restaurant decor is very nice and waitress was friendly and professional...she mentioned place is very crowded for dinner so reservations are recommended......I highly recommend the restaurant and will dine there probably for dinner next time in area

• Visited April 2014
USA
“Best seafood chowder however lobster rolls missing something”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We sat outside on the covered balcony on a cold day. Nice views and comfortable. We all ordered the seafood chowder and lobster rolls. Everything was fresh and the seafood chowder was truly amazing. The lobster roll, although abundant in meat, lacked that exceptional result due to absence of seasoning. I will add a great drink and beer selection as well.

New Orleans
“Scenic View Loved it!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My adult daughter & I loved this find of a restaurant. It has an outdoor terrace but also a decent view from inside by the open doors. I can't sit outside so appreciated the fresh air from the open doors. I had fish & chips which were very good. I'm British so I am qualified to judge. We ate a mid-week lunch on a touring day out. I hope to return to Portsmouth with my husband & we'll definitely eat here again. The prices are moderate.

• Visited August 2013
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Love this place”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My go to spot for casual meal that is top-notch! Great lobster rolls. Outside seating is great but on the weekend might be hard to get.

• Visited August 2013