“Very good dinner”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Where the Locals Go" - This family owned favorite has been preparing the freshest seafood on the seacoast for 41 years! Enjoy the beautiful water views of Sagamore Creek while dining on the 2 outdoor decks, in the dining room or in the Sagamore Pub. Come by boat as well! Open Thurs-Monday until Mother's Day. Open 7 days Mother's Day - Labor Day. Open Thurs-Monday after Labor Day. We close for the Season October 14th and will Reopen in the Spring!
Reviewed 5 June 2014

5 of us ate here a couple of night ago and I believe we all left very satisfied. I ordered the fish and chips. This was some of the best fish and chips I've had in some time. One friend ordered the steamers and he seemed to really enjoy them. The server we had was excellent and very attentive except for my iced tea refill. She was so pleasant that I overlooked that.
We sat outside with a view of the water and docks/boats which was very nice.

Date of visit: June 2014
2  Thank Bigfoot424

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Lived here for years and never made it to this place. Enjoyed our first dinner here last night on a return visit. We know what to expect from a typical lobster pound and were very satisfied. View and setting were beautiful; service was prompt, pleasant and attentive and the food was all fresh and well prepared.

If you want linens... go somewhere else... if you want a fun, pleasant dinner experience on the water in a beautiful setting... come here.

1  Thank steveInNY
Reviewed 28 May 2014

BG's is a wonderful spot to meet family and friends. Outdoor dining in good weather overlooks the water. Inside is casual and relaxed. It is the seafood and the service that are both exception. The wait staff are so familiar with serving children that they anticipate what you need before you have to ask. And the specials are to die for! Swordfish, local haddock, tuna, scallops, shrimp, all served several ways and if they have the corn chowder, don't pass it up, you'll be sorry you did.

Date of visit: May 2014
2  Thank Pioneer803603
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great spot for drinks and seafood on a hot afternoon
Good fish and chips, reasonable price.

Come by car, motorboat or kayak

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank skypix
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Me and my family were on vacation this memorial day weekend in Portsmouth. I went online and googled places to eat. Bgs boathouse was listed and looked good based on food for my daughter who is 4 and us who enjoy seafood. I thought the place would be perfect for my family. NOPE ! THIS plACE WAS PLAIN OVERPRICED AND THE FOOD WAS OK. the wait staff was rude they were gossiping about me and my daughter. My husband looked on as they chatted about whatever. Our waitress didn't refill our drinks she had no smile was not polite. I will not recommend this place and ill never go back. They had plastic wear also. !!!! Ha I almost died. The bathroom too was our dated and dirty. Very small too. Was not impressed and disappointment for the money we spent I would of rather of eaten fast food. !!!! Beware people.

Date of visit: May 2014