“Enjoyed our lunch there”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ri Ra

Ri Ra
Reserve with OpenTable
Ri Ra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 201 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, New York
“Enjoyed our lunch there”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I had lunch there which is right off Market Square, so the restaurant is centrally located. I had the BBQ chicken sandwich on a brioche bun which came one side side of your choice. The sandwich was tasty and filling as it came with a generous serving of chicken and the service was great.

Visited August 2014

Seacoast, NH
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The food is quite good. Frustrating they put such limits on certificates you purchase. Beautiful building - former old bank.

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Good craic & great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Located inside the oldest bank in the US, this is a gorgeous restaurant with a fabulous ambience.

The local 'Irish' band provided a great backdrop to some truly excellent food.

I indulged in (but didn't finish) the signature Ri Ra salad, a huge cottage pie & apple cake with caramel sauce...yum!

Definitely a Portsmouth must-do!

Visited October 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Brunch at the Sports Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We rarely eat at the bar but when watching the World Cup or any other sporting event these are the best seats in a "new to you" city. We planned our New England trip around restaurants or pubs with a special atmosphere (former bank), interesting menu, and televisions showing sporting events. My husband went for lighter fare with a turkey sandwich with bacon, blue cheese crumbles, bacon, FRESH tomatoes, and excellent fries. My my $22 Mac 'n Cheese became pricy when I added the delicious lobster. It was surprisingly light with a sauce and mushrooms under a crust of light hard cheese mix. Most people around us had traditional Irish fare. Other than my little skillet, all plates were clean when they were collected! I did not eat all of my pasta (ziti). My only complaint was the backless barstools. Another match today. We may go back! We have 5 other pubs on our list but once you find a place you truly enjoy with other menu items you want to try, why risk a new place. The service was friendly, quick and conscious of your needs without interrupting.

• Visited June 2014
PA
“Excellent food excellent wait staff in a pub environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Food was outstanding. Midrange pricing. Fish was fresh as it should be on the coast, and sides were also very fresh. Was worried it would all be fried offerings, but they had healthy choices too like grilled cod sandwich and bean tomato and cucumber salad. Wish we lived closer. Fresh Guinness is my husband's quest...and he found it at Ri Ra.

Visited June 2014