“Great eat in or take out!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Ranked #67 of 199 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television
New England
“Great eat in or take out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My daughter and I love to grab dinner here on busy nights out! She loves their mac'n cheese. While I love their chicken salad sandwich. This is a great place worth trying!

Visited July 2014

Campton, New Hampshire
“Depends on whose in the kitchen.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

On our first visit (Wednesday) the sandwiches were so good we went back the next day (Thursday), BUT a different cook was making the sandwiches...... limp lettuce was bad enough, but brown patches and black edges was too much. The other sandwich tasted like someone threw it together and was skimpy. It also had burnt debris from another previous order.
The food was returned. The atmosphere is fine and the blond gal behind the counter was the friendliest, most helpful ever. If it wasn't for her, another star would be dropped.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank MountainsRock
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Best Sandwich and More”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Terrific and creative sandwiches. Porchetta, turkey reuben, meatball diavolo and the cuban are all a few of my favorites. All this and great salads like a terrific cobb and shaved brussel sprouts with fresh parmesan cheese. All good with beer on tap and cocktails. New burger bar at night. Check it out.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sangwich
meredithj
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We used to live around the corner from The Kitchen, so we loved being able to walk and make ourselves at "home" at the bar for dinner and a drink. In the summer, it is great to sit in the outdoor seating area- well-behaved dogs welcome! My favorite sandwiches are the Matty Melt and the Turkey Rachel (turkey, swiss, thousand island and coleslaw on marble rye). The menu is diverse and everything is delicious! Casual and friendly service. I always take my friends here when they are in town.

• Visited February 2014
Delmar, New York
“Great sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

There was something about The Kitchen that I could tell, from the moment that I walked in the door, that it was going to be good. Possibly it was a quick scan of the menu that told me that the offerings were creative, and some were unique. I had been craving a Cuban, and my companion, who lives in Portsmouth, thought that the Kitchen might have one on the menu. Sure enough, there it was, though not made with the ingredients that I think of as "traditional" for a Cuban, if there is a such thing. I would have ordered it anyway, but was distracted by the Porchetta. Delicious.

Companion ordered tuna...unexplainable to me with so many interesting offerings available...but it was delicious as well.

We had no problem with the service. I look forward to a return visit.

Note: I only give 5 stars for a truly superlative experience, but for a sandwich place, The Kitchen is close to as good as it gets.

• Visited December 2013