Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Motel 6 Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
  • Pool
Courtyard Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewschristmas tree shopthe manager's receptionfree shuttleshuttle servicejacuzzi tubbeer and wineroom was cleanfree beercomplimentary breakfastshopping and restaurantsthe breakfast areaa wonderful staynew hampshirefront desk staffminute drivewould stay here againoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked for the first time at the hampton inn for my boyfriends bday. I picked this place based on the reviews on trip advisor. Upon arrival I was a little disappointed in the location because I thought it was downtown Portsmouth. It was in a shopping plaza. I quickly changed my mind once I got in to the hotel. Beautiful hotel, very friendly staff and realized downtown was only 2 mi away and they offered a shuttle bus which made up for the location. The room was very clean and the bathroom was big with a nice big tub. We had such a good time I wished we had booked another night! They offered a complimentary happy hour w/ beer and snacks. This was a nice surprise! I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Tina S,
Thank you for the great review of the Hampton Portsmouth. From the entire team we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your choice hotel when visiting the Portsmouth area. I will pass the very nice feedback you gave about our service to the entire team. Thank you again for choosing us, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked at this hotel because it looked good and it was close to the wedding we were attending. Check in was quick and pleasant but, when we got to our room, they put us in a room with 2 queen beds. We went back to the front desk to request a change to a king room as reserved and we were told we would have to wait our turn and the girl would get to us after she checked in the 6 or so other people in line at the counter! I said no I already waited to check in and I wanted to have my room changed. She gave me a dirty look and processed my request. We were put in room 203.When we looked out of the window, the hotel entryway blocked any view that there might have been...good or bad. The real problem was the noise all around us when we tried to sleep! The heating/cooling unit was unbearably loud! The people in the room across the hall had a dog in their room that kept barking! The refrigerator hummed. There was a squealing sound in the bathroom. And, we could hear people talking in the halls and outside!!
We did not participate in the evening snacks and drinks. Breakfast was just ok. The eggs were so bad we couldn't eat them. I had a bagel and yogurt. My husband had oatmeal. Drinks in the vending machines are a ridiculous $2.50. The location of the hotel is very good and there were lots of shops around.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in room 203! Very noisy and a blocked view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brendastravels123
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Brendastravels123,
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Dealing with guests who are loud is often very difficult. Your feedback is important to us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends when you were to return to the Portsmouth area.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I normally do not write reviews on hotels unless they are terrible. My husband and I booked four (4) nights at this Hampton Inn based on reviews we had read in Trip Advisor. The hotel is just off I95 Market Street in Portsmouth, NH (5 minutes from downtown Portsmouth.) The hotel is probably the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I like a firm mattress and this was softer than I like, but other people probably would love the mattress. What I liked about this hotel was the staff. They were wonderful, so friendly an accommodating . This includes the front desk, housekeeping and all the other people working in this Hampton Inn. Not one person had a negative attitude while I was there. The complimentary breakfast was very well stocked each morning and each morning there was a different assortment of hot entrees along with the standard cold breakfast items. In the evening, there was the Manager's reception which included complimentary wine, beer, soda and hors d'oeuvres. I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The room I had was 502 which was on the I95 highway side, but the road noise as not a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mievan

Mievan,
Thank you writing a review about your experience. It’s wonderful to receive your feedback on our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Portsmouth for your hotel needs, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Don't leave anything in your room, The staff has light fingers. The management has not screened the staff properly and they are of low integrity. If you complain, the management won't be responsive. They do not return phone calls or do what they promise to do. they hope that if they wait long enough you will go away. I recommend that you Stay at a Marriott

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
3  Thank Richard H
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Richard H,
We sincerely apologize for your experience. Our goal is to provide all guests with a rewarding stay. Please know we have addressed these issues with our staff. We will continue with our excellent reputation for returning items left behind by guests. If you’d like to speak with me personally, please call the hotel and ask to speak to me and I’d be happy to discuss these matters further.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is an older Hampton Inn but it is definately holding up to time. It looks like it has been recently renovated. The front desk girl who checked us in was very nice and friendly. I think her name was Erin and this was her fourth day on the job. She told us about the property and offered to assist us with restaurant reservations.

The was clean and fresh. The beds were comfortable but the fibre fill pillows were not that great. Wish they offered feather or foam pillows. Even though we did not eat their for breakfast it looked well put together and clean.

Definitely would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room facing west or towards the highway. Yes I did say that you want a room towards the highway. The reason will be there early morning when the east facing rooms have the sun coming from behind the drapes.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hawaiiantraveler66

Hawaiiantraveler66,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer, along with the Hampton Brand in general. Thank you for your pledged loyalty to our brand! I will be sure to share your comments to our staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!