“Treated Me Like FAMILY”

Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The entire staff has treated me like family from day one of my long term business stay ! The pool and hot tub are a wonderful way to relax after a long day at work. The hotel is convenient to just about anything I need.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Judson G,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer, along with the Hampton Inn Brand in general. Thank you for your pledged loyalty to our brand! Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'm a Hampton Inn fan. They are generally clean and well run and this one was no different. I was a little concerned about noise based on other reviews posted here. I found, however, that noise was not an issue. I couldn't hear the highway noise, and the halls were quieter than I've experienced at other places. One trick I've learned when traveling is to leave the fan on the A/C unit on all night even if the A/C isn't running. The white noise helps cancel out an ambient noise from the hall or adjacent rooms. If there was noise, my family didn't hear it.

The staff were all very friendly and I felt they were generally interested in making sure their guests were happy.

The breakfast area is not as openly arranged as other Hampton Inns. The majority of the food is in a small area that creates a bottleneck. I believe we stayed when the hotel was quite booked because we had difficulty getting a table and getting to the food. The lady attending to the breakfast area was working her tail off and doing a great job to try and keep everything fresh.

We were just passing through so I didn't take much note of area attractions. It was near shopping and restaurants and is quite convenient to the highways.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Jeff W,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at The Hampton Portsmouth. We appreciate your continued patronage and for choosing our hotel for your business and group travel needs. It’s wonderful to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating to your requests. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our family really enjoyed our stay at Hampton Inn. Great location, tucked away from the high traffic main street. My whole family really enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. (very clean) The rooms are really clean and quite. Family friendly for all ages. Noticed people with pets were welcome as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sara C,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at The Hampton Portsmouth. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I showed up at the Hampton Inn without a reservation (and with a certificate for a free night at any Hampton Inn due to a previous reservation mix-up). The person at the desk could not have been nicer and more accomodating. The hotel was clean. The room large and the hospitality including free drinks and snacks was great. I've stayed in a lot of Hampton Inns and usually like them but this one was the best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Robd,
Thank you for writing a review about your Hampton Portsmouth experience. It’s wonderful to receive your feedback on our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Portsmouth for your hotel needs, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked for the first time at the hampton inn for my boyfriends bday. I picked this place based on the reviews on trip advisor. Upon arrival I was a little disappointed in the location because I thought it was downtown Portsmouth. It was in a shopping plaza. I quickly changed my mind once I got in to the hotel. Beautiful hotel, very friendly staff and realized downtown was only 2 mi away and they offered a shuttle bus which made up for the location. The room was very clean and the bathroom was big with a nice big tub. We had such a good time I wished we had booked another night! They offered a complimentary happy hour w/ beer and snacks. This was a nice surprise! I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Tina S,
Thank you for the great review of the Hampton Portsmouth. From the entire team we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your choice hotel when visiting the Portsmouth area. I will pass the very nice feedback you gave about our service to the entire team. Thank you again for choosing us, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked at this hotel because it looked good and it was close to the wedding we were attending. Check in was quick and pleasant but, when we got to our room, they put us in a room with 2 queen beds. We went back to the front desk to request a change to a king room as reserved and we were told we would have to wait our turn and the girl would get to us after she checked in the 6 or so other people in line at the counter! I said no I already waited to check in and I wanted to have my room changed. She gave me a dirty look and processed my request. We were put in room 203.When we looked out of the window, the hotel entryway blocked any view that there might have been...good or bad. The real problem was the noise all around us when we tried to sleep! The heating/cooling unit was unbearably loud! The people in the room across the hall had a dog in their room that kept barking! The refrigerator hummed. There was a squealing sound in the bathroom. And, we could hear people talking in the halls and outside!!
We did not participate in the evening snacks and drinks. Breakfast was just ok. The eggs were so bad we couldn't eat them. I had a bagel and yogurt. My husband had oatmeal. Drinks in the vending machines are a ridiculous $2.50. The location of the hotel is very good and there were lots of shops around.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in room 203! Very noisy and a blocked view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brendastravels123
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Brendastravels123,
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Dealing with guests who are loud is often very difficult. Your feedback is important to us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends when you were to return to the Portsmouth area.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I normally do not write reviews on hotels unless they are terrible. My husband and I booked four (4) nights at this Hampton Inn based on reviews we had read in Trip Advisor. The hotel is just off I95 Market Street in Portsmouth, NH (5 minutes from downtown Portsmouth.) The hotel is probably the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I like a firm mattress and this was softer than I like, but other people probably would love the mattress. What I liked about this hotel was the staff. They were wonderful, so friendly an accommodating . This includes the front desk, housekeeping and all the other people working in this Hampton Inn. Not one person had a negative attitude while I was there. The complimentary breakfast was very well stocked each morning and each morning there was a different assortment of hot entrees along with the standard cold breakfast items. In the evening, there was the Manager's reception which included complimentary wine, beer, soda and hors d'oeuvres. I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The room I had was 502 which was on the I95 highway side, but the road noise as not a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mievan

Mievan,
Thank you writing a review about your experience. It’s wonderful to receive your feedback on our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Portsmouth for your hotel needs, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again.