All reviewschristmas tree shopthe manager's receptionfree shuttlewithin milesroom was cleanwhirlpool tubfree beercomplimentary breakfasta wonderful staynew hampshirewould stay here againfront desk staffoatmealfresh fruitkittery outletsclose to downtownlobby
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife is in a wheel chair and we have found that the world can be very inconvenient for someone who is handicapped. Once we arrived at the Hampton in Portsmouth we were reminded how nice convenience can be. The hotel was laid out to be very accessible. The room we had was spacious and clean. And we didn't need to fuss over parking at the hotel once we were there because the hotel offered a shuttle that accommodated wheel chair usage and allowed us to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted and I didn't need to worry about how to get anywhere or worry about finding parking. The Hampton shuttle service blessed us with convenience and we are very appreciative.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Douglas H,
It’s wonderful to receive your review and feedback on your experience at the Hampton Portsmouth. We’re happy to have been a part of travels, and we’re glad our friendly service and accommodating staff made for a memorable weekend. We appreciate your patronage and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Ok... This Hampton Inn allows animals and there is smoking even if they tell you it is non smoking.
If you are allergic to cats and/ or dogs do not stay here. We had to move twice to get away from a noisy grinding air handler and a second room that suddenly filled with cigarette smoke but fortunately the third room was ok or we were just to dead tired to move again.
The clerk was efficient and handled us in a courteous and professional manner.
The breakfast area is extremely small and was so crowded that we did not eat breakfast there.

Room Tip: If you have any allergies to cats and/ or dogs do not stay here. We saw animals on each floor that we were on.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry W
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Terry W,
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback is important to us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends when you were to return to the Portsmouth area.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The entire staff has treated me like family from day one of my long term business stay ! The pool and hot tub are a wonderful way to relax after a long day at work. The hotel is convenient to just about anything I need.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Judson G,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer, along with the Hampton Inn Brand in general. Thank you for your pledged loyalty to our brand! Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'm a Hampton Inn fan. They are generally clean and well run and this one was no different. I was a little concerned about noise based on other reviews posted here. I found, however, that noise was not an issue. I couldn't hear the highway noise, and the halls were quieter than I've experienced at other places. One trick I've learned when traveling is to leave the fan on the A/C unit on all night even if the A/C isn't running. The white noise helps cancel out an ambient noise from the hall or adjacent rooms. If there was noise, my family didn't hear it.

The staff were all very friendly and I felt they were generally interested in making sure their guests were happy.

The breakfast area is not as openly arranged as other Hampton Inns. The majority of the food is in a small area that creates a bottleneck. I believe we stayed when the hotel was quite booked because we had difficulty getting a table and getting to the food. The lady attending to the breakfast area was working her tail off and doing a great job to try and keep everything fresh.

We were just passing through so I didn't take much note of area attractions. It was near shopping and restaurants and is quite convenient to the highways.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Jeff W,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at The Hampton Portsmouth. We appreciate your continued patronage and for choosing our hotel for your business and group travel needs. It’s wonderful to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating to your requests. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our family really enjoyed our stay at Hampton Inn. Great location, tucked away from the high traffic main street. My whole family really enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. (very clean) The rooms are really clean and quite. Family friendly for all ages. Noticed people with pets were welcome as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Sara C,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at The Hampton Portsmouth. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you once again for writing.