All reviewschristmas tree shopthe manager's receptionfree shuttlewithin milesroom was cleanwhirlpool tubfree beercomplimentary breakfasta wonderful staynew hampshirewould stay here againfront desk staffoatmealfresh fruitkittery outletsclose to downtownlobby
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had a wonderful stay here. The facility was very clean as was our room. The staff were very cordial and friendly. During the week, Monday-Friday, they serve, wine, beer and snacks for their guests at 4:30 pm. Every morning there was a light breakfast. The hotel was about 7 minutes from downtown where there are numerous shops and restaurants. The hotel was also 15 minutes from Kittery, Maine where there are many outlets.

Room Tip: All rooms seem very good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
kspaulding, Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you so much for such a positive review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that staff took good care of you while you were here. We look forward to the opportunity to see you again!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Overall very good. Would like to see a change in some of the breakfast offerings, maybe something to look at.. OJ was not very good. Eggs fine, would like to have seen a shredded cheese and salsa.. The sausage is getting old, it's about the same on everyone's breakfast.. I think there can be some improvement that would stay within budget

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Awesome stay at Hampton Inn, Portsmouth. Good location to nearby places such as downtown and only few miles away from Hampton beach. Excellent service and friendly staff. I would definitely like to come back and stay here when visiting nearby places.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to sincerely thank you for the kind words! Hope to see you again on your next trip to Portsmouth!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Good experience. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean. Great lighting in bathroom and two full size mirrors. Temperature control thermostat worked fine and appeared to be accurate. Temp in room was to my liking.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Average Hampton Inn. Convenient location for work, but somewhat difficult to find at first. The only real complaint I have is that I was given the key to a room that was already occupied by another guest. This could have been very awkward had the other party actually been in the room when I arrived. Nobody was in the room, but the other guest's luggage was in the open and clothes laid out on the beds. I would be extremely unhappy to find out that someone else had been given access to my room and belongings- who knows if the hotel actually disclosed the incident to the other guest.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

I'm sorry to your stay was less than satisfactory - Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We will use your comments to ameliorate our staff and procedures in the future.