“Best Since I was a Kid!!”

Moe's Italian Sandwiches
Ranked #89 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Austin, Texas
“Best Since I was a Kid!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I grew up in Portsmouth and moved away at the ripe old age of 11 to Texas. Been in Texas now for 36 years. Let me tell you there is no better sub than a Moe's!! It's that perfect mix of a great bread and high quality meats and cheese. My sister and I used to break our piggy banks to get together enough money to go get a Moe's. We would ride our bikes over to Four Tree Island and chow down! I get back to Portsmouth every few years and our first stop is Moe's. Do yourselves a favor and try this sandwich, it won't be your last!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank yurko67

Greenland, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only Italian sub I'll eat”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Plenty of meat & veggies, but the bread is awesome! Whenever my wife takes me off the diet leash, a Moe's Original is my go to sandwich! I get mine with mayo & spicy oil. I've gotten the super which is double the meat & veggies, but it just too much!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dan F
“Best sandwich EVER”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My grandma and grandpa took me on my first Moe's endeavor when I moved to New Hampshire 5 years ago. I was blown away. At first I thought it was gonna be like a subway but man, was I wrong! Beat sandwich I have EVER had!! My favorite activity was eating a Moe's, sippin a Coke, and watching the yachts pull in on Alton Bay. Life Couldn't get any better

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“More Moe's Please!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Moe's is consistently fantastic. The menu has been expanding but the best is still the Madmoe Megameat with spicy oil and mayo. It's a must. They have fresh kosher pickles that go perfectly on the side. All the ingredients are always fresh and I am never disappointed. The shop is very small with no seating so walk down to Prescott Park and enjoy! Just know - they aren't usually open past 4. Wish they were open all night!

• Visited June 2013
Gardner, Massachusetts
“Nothing beats a fresh Moes and a Pepsi”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've been eating Moes since Phil opened his hole in the wall spot (1 block east of current location) in the 60's. My favorite xmas & b'day presents are Moes gift certificates.

Lettuce on a real Italian?? You must be kidding.

Fresh ingredients combine to make Moes a unique flavorful treat. I know of people who have moved away from the area who have had Moes shipped to them they missed them so much. And on return visits the first place they head to is Moes. That kind of loyalty isn't placed in bad food. I'm lucky to have moved only as far as MA, so I get up to Portsmouth pretty often to feed my addiction.

My only "complaint" is that over the years the bread has become less crusty. It's fresh and delicious but I'd like to see it have a little more snap to the crust. It's hard to improve on perfection so that would be my only suggestion. Oh, one more thing-- get Pepsi back in the cooler. Nothing goes with Moes like Pepsi! 8^)

• Visited May 2013