“I Drive an Hour to Come Here”

Moe's Italian Sandwiches
Ranked #85 of 207 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm originally from this area, but currently live in Boston. Well, I recently had a very, very bad day. All I could think was "I need a Moe's". I am not ashamed to admit that I drove up from Boston to get a Moe's super original with oil and mayonnaise. It is the epitome of sandwiches. It's comfort food. It has such a specific taste and smell that I could find a Moe's with my eyes closed. When I worked in Portsmouth my old boss used to say "you've had a Moe's, I can smell it" after lunch.

I admit, I have an almost cult-like following for this sub shop, but that's what happens when you grow up on Moe's! They're still so cheap, pack a ton into a sandwich (I really shouldn't have gotten a whole...), and taste the same year after year.

Thank you for being fantastic! I'll be back soon!

1  Thank Native_Maine-ah

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have had some great sandwiches from this place. Too good. BUT
our last attempt to get lunch was sick. The girl who was making my sandwich took her gloved hand and brushed debris off her shirt on to the floor, and flicked a bit of crud, which was adhered to her shirt to the floor. My stomach sank a bit as she reached, with the same gloved hand, and made my sandwich.
I turned and left.
I will not eat dirty food made by gross people.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I grew up in Portsmouth and moved away at the ripe old age of 11 to Texas. Been in Texas now for 36 years. Let me tell you there is no better sub than a Moe's!! It's that perfect mix of a great bread and high quality meats and cheese. My sister and I used to break our piggy banks to get together enough money to go get a Moe's. We would ride our bikes over to Four Tree Island and chow down! I get back to Portsmouth every few years and our first stop is Moe's. Do yourselves a favor and try this sandwich, it won't be your last!

2  Thank yurko67
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Plenty of meat & veggies, but the bread is awesome! Whenever my wife takes me off the diet leash, a Moe's Original is my go to sandwich! I get mine with mayo & spicy oil. I've gotten the super which is double the meat & veggies, but it just too much!

1  Thank Dan F
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My grandma and grandpa took me on my first Moe's endeavor when I moved to New Hampshire 5 years ago. I was blown away. At first I thought it was gonna be like a subway but man, was I wrong! Beat sandwich I have EVER had!! My favorite activity was eating a Moe's, sippin a Coke, and watching the yachts pull in on Alton Bay. Life Couldn't get any better