Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsrestaurant next doordiner attachedroundabout dineradjacent restaurantroom was cleantraffic circleindoor pool and hot tubfront desk stafffridge and microwaveoff the highwaythe hotel staffnew hampshirebedroom suiteclose to downtownconvenient locationwould stay here againkittery outlets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2010

We checked in and the staff on reception were so helpful and efficient...both with the rate and the room. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable, Just what you need after a hard day sightseeing! The pool was lovely and quiet, both me and my partner were the only ones using the outdoor pool that morning and it was so refreshing! There is an indoor heated pool with hot tub ....great for families!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LymingtonHaw
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The lobby was spacious with large windows. There were two computers for people to use. The elevator smelled strongly of grease, but it was quick. The room was large, but shows its age. It was clean and comfortable, though quite dark. Although the room was large, they only put in double beds instead of two queens. This appears to be a pattern in New England. For the (high) room price, I expected breakfast to be included, but it wasn’t. There was a great restaurant attached, however. This was the lowest price in town, and now I see why. The staff was helpful with directions and recommendations.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We stayed one night on our journey from Bar Harbor to Boston, paid about $10 extra for a superior room although the hotel website gave no explanation what you get for that.

Parking is easy, front desk were very friendly and welcoming, plenty of baggage trolleys. Had a room on ground floor near reception, room was large and well fitted with good quality furniture, everything spotless clean.

The bathroom had a spa bath – which I suppose was part of the superior experience  but we didn’t use it. Neither did we use any of the other facilities of the hotel except the free coffee at reception and the internet. Here my only quibble is that in-room internet is via a (supplied) Ethernet cable which is fine for most but we both have notepads and couldn’t simultaneously use the web as we could if it had wireless.

As I said, we were passing through and used the hotel for not more than sleeping and washing but I’d be very happy about staying there again.

Breakfast in the adjoining Roundabout Diner was a highlight – see my separate review

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Our family met up at this hotel on our way to Maine for a week's vacation with extended family. This hotel was a pleasant surprise to find. The rooms were clean and spacious. There was both an indoor and outdoor pool. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. One of the best features was the restaurant. The menu was terrific and the food was very good. We even stopped in for a glass of wine at the lounge after coming back from shopping one night. The location was convenient to all the spots we wanted to see (Kittery shopping, Strawberry Banke, the Albacore submarine tour)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We loved this place. It was super clean, everything looked new and the staff was really nice. Great restaurant (Roundabout) for breakfast and than my wife and I took a beautiful walk to downtown Portsmouth, which is one of the nicest towns I have ever visited. This was an extremly enjoyable trip!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple