“Good deal”
Review of Motel 6 Portsmouth

Motel 6 Portsmouth
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Great place to stay if you are only looking for a clean comfortable place to lay your head down while travelling. Check in staff was pleasant. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable which is all I care about after a long day driving. Will stay here again next year on our way south.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olematelot
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Portsmouth

Reviewed 30 December 2012

IT'S MOTEL 6. Rooms are bare bones.No amenities. I stay once a. Month. Front desk staff are polite and friendly. Walls are paperThin and its noisy on the weekend. For the Price its worth the stay. Bring earplugs and you'll be fine. As for parking there is plenty of it and the location, right across from the mall is great. I never attempt the pool as its kind of nasty. Overall, its a good price, except during the in season. No way I'll pay 85 a night, but I will pay 43 in the off season.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank glap1950
Reviewed 25 November 2012

On arrival the service we got was good. But when i walked into our room instantly was hit with a very unpleasant odor, so i went across the road to get candles and room spray for the three nights we were there. I pulled back my sheets to find crumbs in my bed. Of course when it was brought to their attention there were excuses. They did change the bedding for us but i chose to go buy new pillows and blankets to sleep on. I was surprised that there was a 3dollar fee for the internet so when my friend and i punched in the code we could not get connected because the code was only good for one device at a time so if you have more than one device you needed to pay for more codes and the codes were only good for 24 hours but ours run out long before the 24 hours but they did end up giving me another code to compensate fore it. We were traveling as a group to shop for black Friday and this would not have been my first choice. You know the saying you get what you pay for!! WELL ITS TRUE. My friend in another room has pictures and was moved to another room because there was some sort of bugs all over the window and i would guess better than 20 of them ewwww... anyway they got moved and were told they were only stink bugs....i just dont want any bugs in my room. Will Never stay at a place like this again and def.. would not stay here again. Dawn the girl that worked eves had her freaky looking boyfriend hanging around the hotel lobby all night as she worked very unprofessional. WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN OR ANY SUPER 6! yuck. if i would have had my children with me i would have left after the first night.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KimWoodstockNBCanada
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We do not usually stay at Motel 6 because you never know what to expect from that chain from one motel to an other... but this time we were travelling with our dog and needed an affordable pet friendly motel not far from the beach.
1) The location is very good, near hwy 95 and route 1, close to the NH and Maine coasts.
2) Pet stay free.
3) The price was very affordable.
4) The hotel and our room were clean and quiet.
5) The area was also clean and quiet. Motel doors are locked and accessible with your key card.
6) The bed was confortable and the bathroom clean.
7) We have been welcomed nicely on arrival and greeted nicely on departure.
We stayed here 2 night and enjoyed our stay.
We would stay here again on a similar trip without a problem.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben0844
Reviewed 5 November 2012

You certainly get what you pay for….which is way I’m saying this place was average & not poor. When you pay $59 a night, I’m not expecting the Taj.

We booked this hotel at the 11th hour (literally) – our flights had been seriously delayed coming into Boston & we needed a place to stop & sleep on our way to a wedding in Maine. The hotel was exactly what I expected for what we paid – pretty shabby and outdated and not super clean. This probably had to do with the fact that pets are allowed & seemingly welcomed with open arms – everyone & their brother seemed to have a dog with them. This may be a selling point to some but not me. The towels in the bathroom were stained…not sure if they were dirty, didn’t want to test it out – we managed to dry off with articles of our own clothing.

With that being said the hotel served its purpose for us. We were able to sleep & shower (albeit without towels) & were at hotel for less than 8 hours. It’s also VERY easy to access off 95.

Also worth noting, while there is a pool on the property I would hardly see it as a selling point. We didn’t use it (I think it was closed for the season) but it was pretty much situated in the middle of the parking lot.

Oh ya, take the stairs...the elevator is very slow.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Annie_08_12
Reviewed 25 October 2012

From entering the hotel until the time we checked out 2 days later, every bit of customer service was poor. From the front desk saying our room number out loud, to him calling us to "be quiet" when we were already asleep, to the failure to properly respond to the problems we encountered during our stay. GM was outside smoking at all times, the rooms were updated but require a good cleaning as the shower curtain had mold, the toilet was filthy with a ring around it, and there were hairs all over that didn't belong to us. In general - spend the extra money and stay elsewhere....any where else.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HotelRepresentative1
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I chose this motel for two reasons: it was cheap, and I was traveling with a small dog. I've stayed at Motel 6's previously and knew what to expect: no dresser drawers, no easy chair, etc. This unit had a couple of additional problems - the room temperature was over 80 when I checked in and could not be "fixed" as the A/C did not work. The window only opened about 6 inches so it never did get cool. When I asked for a window fan, I was told that was not available. But I liked the location (very near a back door so letting the dog out was pretty simple) and I chose not to move. Also, there was no refrigerator in this room and I was told they could not provide one. I should have asked for one when I made the reservation. But they did let me keep a box of left-overs in the employee's fridge - very nice of them!
And further on the "pro" side, the room was very clean, especially the bath. Yes, the entry smelled strongly of smoke, but the room did not. No sign of bedbugs or other critters, either. Lots of lamps too, the room was very well-lit. There were electric outlets where I needed them, no need to bend or stretch to plug in my curling iron, phone re-charger, etc. The desk clerk assisted me in with my bags, volunteering to carry them to my room so I could manage the dog with no problem. There was very little noise, except from someone else's small dog down the hall. (Actually, LOTS of dogs here!) And when I decided to stay another night, there was no problem with that either, even with no notice. All the desk attendants were friendly and helpful.
Would I stay here again? Yes, but I'd make sure the A/C worked properly BEFORE I unpacked. The dog says she'd stay here too but she wants her own pillow next time.

Room Tip: Personally I liked the room near an exit on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo