“Great Value for the Price!”
Review of Motel 6 Portsmouth

Motel 6 Portsmouth
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Use discount code "CP569446" and get an additional 10% off like I did, making a good deal a great deal. Unlike most Motel 6s, this one had a huge selection of television channels available. The room was recently remodeled. I especially like the new oversized tub with a seat built into it. The bed was very comfortable, room was quiet, AC worked well. Staff very friendly, helpful and professional. Great location. Mall across the street. Grocery store in walking distance. There might be some nicer hotels, but for the price it's an awesome value.

Room Tip: I had a room on the west side, so the room was really bright.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank chewigo
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Portsmouth

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We have stayed here many times and it has always been okay. One time there was a noisy room above us at night and the desk clerk worked very hard to quiet them down. Still it was a rough night for sleep. But this last visit was just awful. The front desk people are really very nice and helpful, but they can't check the condition of every room. My room had one bed with bloody sheets, pillows and pillow cases, and hair in the bed. Darn. And in the bathroom what looked like dried feces. Just terrible. The front desk said he will refund our payment for that night. And thats nice. Now I'll need to check the beds before I unpack next time I check in? Why can't people just do,their jobs and provide customers with a clean room. Does corporate go around and check out these things? How would they feel sleeping in one of their own rooms? Huh?

Room Tip: Check out the room before committing to unpacking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bunty126
Reviewed 6 March 2013

As I always mention in my reviews, I am 100% honest with what I write. Motel 6 is Motel 6. It is cheap and there always seems to be a room available. Check in was simple. We were actually able to check in around 10:30 in the morning. The room was your basic two double beds. The room was clean and the bathroom was as well. Friday night went well, no problems what so ever. We had a room on the first floor, right near the parking lot. It was very noisy outside. You could hear people in the hallways, etc. This was not a big deal to me. The 2nd night after returning from the poker room in Seabrook, my buddy and I went outside to get something out of the car. A man in the front parking lot looked at us and started calling us every name in the book. He was looking for a fight. We kept walking and he kept running his mouth. We got in the car and just left for a bit. We parked up front and spoke with the front staff. The lady was very nice about it, but we could not describe the person outside. We stayed in the rest of the night as it was not worth the risk with this guy hanging around outside. All in all, the incident in the parking lot really ruined the trip. There are no camera's outside or anything that makes one feel safe. We paid $55.99 a night, so the price was right. We plan to stay closer to the poker room next time we go down to NH. As I said, the room was clean, bathroom was clean, bed was comfortable for the most part, and the price was right. No breakfast in the morning, but they did have free coffee. The only advice I have is to make sure you keep your door locked.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor, away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank stetruth
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Great place to stay if you are only looking for a clean comfortable place to lay your head down while travelling. Check in staff was pleasant. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable which is all I care about after a long day driving. Will stay here again next year on our way south.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olematelot
Reviewed 30 December 2012

IT'S MOTEL 6. Rooms are bare bones.No amenities. I stay once a. Month. Front desk staff are polite and friendly. Walls are paperThin and its noisy on the weekend. For the Price its worth the stay. Bring earplugs and you'll be fine. As for parking there is plenty of it and the location, right across from the mall is great. I never attempt the pool as its kind of nasty. Overall, its a good price, except during the in season. No way I'll pay 85 a night, but I will pay 43 in the off season.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank glap1950
Reviewed 25 November 2012

On arrival the service we got was good. But when i walked into our room instantly was hit with a very unpleasant odor, so i went across the road to get candles and room spray for the three nights we were there. I pulled back my sheets to find crumbs in my bed. Of course when it was brought to their attention there were excuses. They did change the bedding for us but i chose to go buy new pillows and blankets to sleep on. I was surprised that there was a 3dollar fee for the internet so when my friend and i punched in the code we could not get connected because the code was only good for one device at a time so if you have more than one device you needed to pay for more codes and the codes were only good for 24 hours but ours run out long before the 24 hours but they did end up giving me another code to compensate fore it. We were traveling as a group to shop for black Friday and this would not have been my first choice. You know the saying you get what you pay for!! WELL ITS TRUE. My friend in another room has pictures and was moved to another room because there was some sort of bugs all over the window and i would guess better than 20 of them ewwww... anyway they got moved and were told they were only stink bugs....i just dont want any bugs in my room. Will Never stay at a place like this again and def.. would not stay here again. Dawn the girl that worked eves had her freaky looking boyfriend hanging around the hotel lobby all night as she worked very unprofessional. WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN OR ANY SUPER 6! yuck. if i would have had my children with me i would have left after the first night.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KimWoodstockNBCanada
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We do not usually stay at Motel 6 because you never know what to expect from that chain from one motel to an other... but this time we were travelling with our dog and needed an affordable pet friendly motel not far from the beach.
1) The location is very good, near hwy 95 and route 1, close to the NH and Maine coasts.
2) Pet stay free.
3) The price was very affordable.
4) The hotel and our room were clean and quiet.
5) The area was also clean and quiet. Motel doors are locked and accessible with your key card.
6) The bed was confortable and the bathroom clean.
7) We have been welcomed nicely on arrival and greeted nicely on departure.
We stayed here 2 night and enjoyed our stay.
We would stay here again on a similar trip without a problem.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple