Port Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
US$198
US$119
US$174
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$157
All reviewscontinental breakfastdowntown portsmouthbagelsnew englandoff the highwaycoffee makerroom was spotlesstraffic circlewould definitely stay here againone night staya great place to stayminute drivefridge and microwaveconvenient locationflat screen tvoutdoor poolfront desk staff
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We just spent the last two and a half weeks photographing New england from Virginia to Maine. We stayed in many hotels over that time, including some very nice hotels including the Omni Parker House in Boston, and several Hilton and Hyatt hotels. They were all very good , but by far the best one we stayed at was the Port Inn. The hotel looks a little like a motor lodge from the 1960's when you drive up but this place is wonderful, its not a luxury hotel by design, but that does not stop you from being treated exceptionally well. The room was immaculate, I am saying operating room clean. The room had all the amenities that you need for a stay, a large TV with easy to understand instructions on how to use the cable printed out and sitting next to it. They was a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a coffee maker. The bed was a plush king size that was very comfortable to sleep on. The location was quiet and we slept like a log. The staff was very friendly when we checked into the room, and gave us excellent restaurant recommendations. I started out just liking the room, but after a while I made it a quest to try and find something that was wrong with the room. I am tall so I even looked on top of things like shelves and such to see if I could find any dust. No marine drill instructor ever went over a room more than I did to try and find a flaw. I found none. The free breakfast in the morning was very good with fresh yogurt and rolls. My wife who drinks coffee said it was excellent , and my orange juice was fresh. You can tell that the people from the front dest to the people who clean the room all take pride in the Port Inn, and I can see why. I give it my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: This is a great place to stay, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MichaelPhoenix
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It may not be right in the midst of Portsmouth's charming historic area, but the reasonable rates and convenient access more than make up for it. The bed and linens were of the highest quality, and extraordinarily comfortable. Better, in fact, than many more expensive hotels I've stayed at.

Add to that an attractive, clean pool, and the free continental breakfast and it's a great value.

Definitely worth considering.

Room Tip: Studio rooms have well-equipped kitchens to help save money on dining out.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

this an older property that is clean with nice size rooms. It is located very near the highway and interstate. Has an indirect route to downtown but front desk was helpful in getting there. There is not a lot attractions near here. The staff is very friendly having sent out emails before and after our arrival. The breakfast was just average. I would stay here again but don't expect anything exceptional

Room Tip: try to get something away from main highway
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Port Inn. Neat, clean, reasonably priced and convenient location. Loved the fact that it was small. Nice continental breakfast with various pastries, juice and coffee. Almost like a bed and breakfast. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Sweethooks
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We didn't like Portland so we cancelled our reservations and left. Now we had no place to stay. 2 days left on our vacation, we decided to see New Hampshire, we were vacationing in Maine. After staying at The Port Inn in Kennebunk, which we loved, we decided to call from our cell phone The Port Inn In New Hampshire! So glad we did. They were very accommodating. They gave us a room that day for 2 nights at a great rate, and was awaiting our arrival. This place & grounds are very clean. The rooms are very cozy, Flat screen TV, nice clean heated pool with new furniture, friendly & courteous front desk staff. Breakfast was standard and good for continental. Cookies, coffee, & ice water in the afternoon. Right down the road is a Liquor warehouse/store with great prices and NO TAX. Portsmouth has so much to offer and The Port Inn is close to everything at a value price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple