“Great seafood!!!!”
Review of Oar House

Oar House
Ranked #4 of 10 Nightlife in Portsmouth
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I had grilled Atlantic haddock and it was cooked to perfection, we also had calamari which was crispy and perfect. Wine and beer good! Outside seating near harbor a must!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The restaurant has a great rustic feel and the staff were very nice. We were there for brunch and as I watched the table next to ours send back three dishes I kept my hopes up. Everyone enjoyed their meals at our table, but I did have to send mine back as it was stone cold (Eggs Benedict). Once I had my food it was good, but sending anything back always sets the meal off. I'm not sure if I'd try it again as it was a bit pricey for a gamble.

1  Thank taralaf
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Love this cozy restaurant by the river. Staff friendly and very helpful. My husband loved the duck and I had the Oar House Delight seafood in lobster sauce. Yummy!! Expensive but worth it for a special night out.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Several weeks ago, my wife and I had Sunday brunch at the Oar House. We were greeted by Jess, our server and expert bartender. We started with Sunday Shrimp Marys which were very well made with just the right spice and kick. We ordered Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse from an extensive wine list to accompany the meal.

My wife ordered the tomato and spinach Benedict with a generous portion of fresh spinach. I had the corned beef hash eggs Benedict. The corned beef was very tender and finely shredded (without the usual disproportionate excess of diced potatoes). Everything was delicious.

I give this restaurant FIVE STARS for its outstanding brunch. The quality was the highest and the service very attentive. Our chef, Jason D'Agostino, has created the best brunch in Portsmouth, far exceeding his competitors on Congress Street and beyond. We have been coming here for years and it is better than ever.