“Great Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great atmosphere, great food and great drinks! Definitely check it out if you are in the Portsmouth, NH area.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

On a recent Saturday evening, we hosted 28 people at Cafe Med in their private room. The waitstaff was outstanding, very attentive and the food fantastic! We have had several private functions there. We have been frequenting this restaurant when they were in their previous location and it is DEFINITELY a restaurant to visit in Portsmouth.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Very good Italian food ,pasta is good some of the other dishes are just ok ,bread was excellent ,wine selection is good as well . Service was good ,this is one of my standbys for portsmouth ,it's not the best but its always consistently good.been here at least 10 times.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Supposedly portsmouth has great restaurants, this Bostonian wouldn't bother with the drive. This Italian is decent, chicken Marsala is so so, tiramisu lacking in the espresso. Wait staff is very friendly. It's cheap. 90.00 for three. Nothing to make me come back.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I recently went for dinner with a group of 6 friends for a birthday gathering. We each ordered different meals and enjoyed sampling the different sauces. That would be a suggestion would be to have a sampler or sorts. Many people at the table felt that would be a good menu addition. I personally had a house specialty, Seafood Risotto. I have an allergy to mussels so they without hesitation or complaint made the dish without those. The risotto was the best I have ever had. It was not in a mashed clump like the many others I have tried. The dish was excellent and there was an ample amount. I will be enjoying my lunch of leftovers today. For a drink I had the Tropical Cosmopolitan which I would recommend. Very good.

If there is one suggestion I could give it would be for the waitstaff to be just a tad bit more attentive. I appreciate the fact that they let us enjoy our evening without constant interruption or harassment, but we waited for drink refills (water and alcohol) several times and then waited for our tab/check to be processed for quite some time and we did not do separate checks. However, the waitress that we had was very pleasant and even put candles in the desserts we ordered for the table for the birthday girl.

I would definitely return for another delicious meal here.