“Spectacular Dining Experience”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Middle Street, Maplewood Avenue, Islington Street
Description: Located just two blocks down from Market Square in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Jumpin' Jay's is a local foodie enclave serving refined seafood in a sleek restaurant setting. The quality of fare is unsurpassed, with fish arriving daily from local fisherman as well as some exotic catches from locations such as New Zealand and Ecuador. Four to six varieties of fish appear on the ever-changing "Catch of the Day" menu, complimented by your choice of gourmet sauce. Our raw bar offers an extensive variety of shellfish found in New Hampshire. Our specialties menu offers more traditional flavor, including Maine Crab Cakes, Haddock Piccata and our popular Linguine in White Clam Sauce. The atmosphere is casually hip, with no pretense. Reservations encouraged. Open seven nights a week.
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We took advantage of Restaurant Week and enjoyed a wonderful dinner with friends at Jumpin Jay's this evening. My husband had Mussels, Blackened Swordfish, and Key Lime Pie while I enjoyed salad, Blackened Swordfish and Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta. It might have been the best meal ever. And, to go with the wonderful dining experience, the service was exceptional. I'd highly recommend this exceptional restaurant.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Everything from the food, service, drinks, & wait were all extraordinary!!!! Very comfortable atmosphere! Food & drinks were amazing!! And we didn't have to wait long at all!!! Recommend this place to everyone!!!!!!!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I'm a super foodie and I travel to appease my taste buds. I have been here once before this visit and it hasn't failed me yet. The food it amazing, the drinks are ok and the service is awesome. The servers and kitchen are quick to get your food to you, even when the place is jammed packed. I highly recommend this place. It is pricey but well worth the expense. I spent 200 for two of us, fried clams, clam chowder, raw bar sampler, ceaser salad, pan seared halibut, linguine withwhite clam sauce, creme brulee and 4 drinks.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Had some great seafood here. Wifey had the haddock (okay). I had the monkfish (A-M-A-Z-I-N-G).

Good drinks.

Lively atmosphere.

I'd go back

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was expecting more being a seaport town. Lobster bisque was thick and had no flavor. Haddock was good but not fabulous. Lobster tortellini did not have much flavor. Salmon was the exception and was awesome as were the pear and beet salad. Atmosphere was good although it was really dark and hard to read the menu.