“Fresh”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Middle Street, Maplewood Avenue, Islington Street
Description: Located just two blocks down from Market Square in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Jumpin' Jay's is a local foodie enclave serving refined seafood in a sleek restaurant setting. The quality of fare is unsurpassed, with fish arriving daily from local fisherman as well as some exotic catches from locations such as New Zealand and Ecuador. Four to six varieties of fish appear on the ever-changing "Catch of the Day" menu, complimented by your choice of gourmet sauce. Our raw bar offers an extensive variety of shellfish found in New Hampshire. Our specialties menu offers more traditional flavor, including Maine Crab Cakes, Haddock Piccata and our popular Linguine in White Clam Sauce. The atmosphere is casually hip, with no pretense. Reservations encouraged. Open seven nights a week.
Sanford, Michigan
“Fresh”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We are traveling up the New England coast and looked forward to fish. Well we found it at Jumpin' Jay's. The waitress was so helpful in guiding us to our choices and telling us about the different fish sauces. Husband chose salmon with butter sauce and I was going to have the same until the waitress suggested char. I have never even heard of it and when she said it's very similar to salmon I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. it was perfect with sesame glaze. Everything was perfect down to the chardonnay. I'm only sorry we don't live near NH so we can come again!

• Visited May 2014

Portsmouth NH
“fabulous meal and awesome staff”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I went to Jumpin Jays on Saturday night and had the most fabulous meal. Our waiter Degan was awesome and made our best waiter ever list. My husband had a drink called beet hive which was just fantastic. Of course the fresh local fish is hands down the best but I have to say that every bit of food we had was just delicious. Ceasar salad had the perfect dressing and the wild mushroom appetizer was incredible. We had the best dinner and most enjoyable evening. Aside from our stellar waiter, the service all around from every person there ( they really all work amazingly well as a team) was impressive. Thanks everyone for making it a fantastic night out!

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yum!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Looks blah from the outside, gorgeous/eclectic inside and the food was amazing! Good selection of delicious choices.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Doug L
Franklin, Tennessee
1,258 restaurant reviews
“Good service and great fresh seafood...”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Was recommended by our hotel..we were on business travel looking for local seafood. The place has fresh fish dishes daily. We got fresh flounder and scallops. The chowder was fair but the rest of meal was very good.

• Visited April 2014
Portland, Maine
“GREAT SEAFOOD PLACE”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I live in Portland Maine but travel New England often for work and family visits. This is one of my absolute favorites for fresh high quality seafood !!!! ANOTHER WONDERFUL TIME WAS HAD BY ALL OF US ! HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!

• Visited April 2014