“Excellent!”

Bridge Street Bistrot & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridge Street Bistrot & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 202 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed dinner here the weekend before Memorial Day.

My girlfriend had the pork tenderloin and I had the beef tenderloin. Both were cooked exactly as ordered and were delicious.

I enjoyed an excellent Spanish cava. Service was very good, friendly but not obtrusive.

I'd go back any time I was in Portsmouth.

Visited May 2014

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“Fine Food that You have to Come Back for Again and Again”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the former Cafe Mirabelle. The name transformation I am told is a long personal saga of the owners. Never matter this place has two seating areas. The smaller in the wine bar has a few tables and is good for couples of foursomes. The upstairs has seveal more tables and can seat a few parties of six or eight. The atmosphere is quiet. The food is varied and uniformly delicious. I and my family and friends have all ordered different things and NO ONE has had anything other than glowing positive things to say. Prices are quite reasonable and the service is polite, efficient, and timely. I can't wait to go back again.

• Visited April 2014
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“A Gem Away From the Action”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for a new place to eat before a play in Portsmouth. There was a little place away from the main streets that caught our eye. This bistrot was awesome. There were 2 floors with a wine bar on the 1st floor and regular dining upstairs. It was an intimate setting with an awesome menu. While the menu was mostly French, it had other creative and interesting dishes.

Each dish was made from scratch and tastefully done. We both had a mixed drink that was on the strong side (what a shame). My girlfriend had the Coq Au Vin and I had the salmon. Both dishes were great and very tasty. The portions weren't too large and the prices were very reasonable.

Really got high quality food for a reasonable price.

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Everything was right except the uninpsiring food”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

First impressions were excellent, a very nice restaurant. Excellent staff who served us promptly with drinks and provided menus. The menus had some interesting dishes, all looked set for a promising evening. The food spoiled the evening; it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The dishes which looked so promising didn't deliver in terms of flavour or cooking.

West Newbury, Massachusetts
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I had a fabulous dinner at Bridge Street Bistrot last night. Found it on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try. The staff was very friendly, atmosphere was lovely and the service was top notch. I had the beef tenderloin and it was perfectly prepared. My husband loved his bouillabaisse too. We shared a great bottle of wine and the dessert selection was very tempting. My husband couldn't resist the white chocolate mousse and was very happy he'd ordered it. The restaurant is a few blocks past the parking garage, but definitely worth the walk. We will certainly return and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends.