“Best music in the area”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Best music in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Press Room is known in the area to have some of the most consistent and best music around so it's worth checking out for that. Food is OK - typical pub food. Edible but nothing special. One of those local places that we take for granted but shouldn't - it's really a special spot because of the showcase of so many great local musicians.

• Visited April 2014

Oceanside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ambience better than service/food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We would have liked to have given this at least 4 stars because of what happens here on Friday nights. Local Celts and Scots move in and out of the back area of the bar on that night to sit and play and sing wonderful tunes that they all seem to know. It was enchanting. However, the service was poor and the food just O.K. It didn't seem that clean. Our son went back another time on a Friday night, sat at the bar, and was completely ignored. Was never waited on.

Visited January 2014
Boston
“I go for the music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I haven't actually eaten here, but the jazz is the best in the region. And this is a region where the jazz is very good indeed. Definitely worth checking out if you are in to good music.

Visited January 2014
Medway, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Local Music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We walked in on a Sunday night and there was awesome live music upstairs. There was a 5 piece jazz band and they were great. You can just grab a drink and sit and listen-no cover charge.

Visited December 2013
“Awful service ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I don't like to complain because I am a bartender myself. My friend and I went here on a Friday night. The bar isn't that big and there were 3 people on the bar working. We had all 3 of them walk by us until I asked for a drink one if them replied "ya hold on" and walked off to the other end of the bar. And just stood at the other end of the bar talking. Make a long story short my friend and I walked out..... If there is 3 people on one person can take a drink order!

1 Thank Michelle051186