“This lovely shop will make your day.”

Pickwicks Mercantile
Ranked #3 of 19 Shopping in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were strolling the historic Strawberry Banke area in downtown Portsmouth when we came upon this shop. As soon as my husband heard my "I love this" he knew we would be there for a while. The shop has a Victorian era atmosphere...modernized. They have an incredibly wonderful selection of so many things. Candle, perfumes, sachets, foodie items, toys, books....and the list goes on. I spent an hour there and could have spent an hour more since there is something you haven't noticed a moment before. The staff had interesting stories about various items. Ask about the wax scented drawer tablets made by monks at monastery in Florence ( I bought 2, already want more). A trip to Portsmouth should include Pickwicks's Mercantile. Fantastic!!