“Love this store!”

Ranked #3 of 19 Shopping in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of shopping at Pickswicks Mercantile today. All I have to say is that I absolutely love this store! There are so many unique items in a small space, I could have shopped for hours if I didn't have my little one with me. The staff was warm, welcoming and extremely helpful. Jody, who does the shopping for the store (and does an amazing job at that), even offered to ship items from the store to my home in the future since I don't live in the area. There are so many unique items in this store, from cashmere sweaters to perfumes to gourmet peanuts to children's items, and the list goes on. On top of that, I found the items to be reasonably priced. An extra plus for me was that many of the items were made in the USA. I am so glad I made it a point to track down this gem before I left town. It was my last stop in Portsmouth this weekend, but it will be my first stop next time!

There are newer reviews for Pickwicks Mercantile

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were strolling the historic Strawberry Banke area in downtown Portsmouth when we came upon this shop. As soon as my husband heard my "I love this" he knew we would be there for a while. The shop has a Victorian era atmosphere...modernized. They have an incredibly wonderful selection of so many things. Candle, perfumes, sachets, foodie items, toys, books....and the list goes on. I spent an hour there and could have spent an hour more since there is something you haven't noticed a moment before. The staff had interesting stories about various items. Ask about the wax scented drawer tablets made by monks at monastery in Florence ( I bought 2, already want more). A trip to Portsmouth should include Pickwicks's Mercantile. Fantastic!!