“Nice decor, good service, portions a little small.”
Review of Tavola - CLOSED

Tavola
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This cute little place opened up a month ago in Portsmouth and we have been looking forward to going. Our waitress was attentive and professional. The menu is limited but has several side dishes to select from if you chose an entree. For an appetizer my husband ordered the antipasto which was a tasty mix of salami, cheeses, olives, etc. It was good, but small. Warm bread was good and served with olive oil to dip it in. I ordered the chicken Marsala with a side of roasted red peppers. Again, the food tasted good, but I was disappointed with the serving size. And I missed having the pasta automatically come with the chicken Marsala. Not sure if we will go back or not.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

The recently opened Tavola Restaurant is a marvelous addition to the restaurant scene in Portsmouth, a town well known for fine dining offerings. From the moment we entered the door until the time we departed, the staff was welcoming and helpful. Tavola's menu, Italian for sure, offers ample choice, as does the wine list. My companion loved her small ceasar salad with anchovies, and then savored a plate of smokey gnocchi. I gorged on a delicate yet flavorful Veal Picatta while enjoying a fine Chainti Riserva. We shall definitely return to Tavola.

1  Thank Montaukrider
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was going to prepare an Italian dinner at home this evening. Looked around the kitchen and thought, "no way I'm doing dishes tonight!" Headed to Tavola for the first time. What a fantastic dining experience. We started with a small ceasar salad with white anchovies. Delicious. I had the tagliatelle bolognese. Very tasty, the sauce was sweet, virtually no acidity, in my book, the way sauce ought to be. Tagliatelle cooked perfect. My wife had the chicken piccata. Lovely lemon and caper sauce, chicken moist and juicy, melted in our mouths (yup, she shared). We decided to hold off on desert, although the cannoli sounded very interesting. Long story short, the food was the most authentic "just like home" Italian dining we've experienced in Portsmouth (BTW, I'm Italian, 100%). Ambiance relaxing and comfortable. We will definitely be returning soon and bringing our friends with us. Grazie Tavola. Benvenuti nel quartiere!

1  Thank JoeNH