Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
  • Breakfast included
US$127
US$124
US$136
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$164
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
US$157
Fairfield Inn Portsmouth Seacoast(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$117
Travelocity
1,340 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationfront deskwithin walking distancebreakfast buffethotel is centrally locatedstreet parkingrestaurants and shopscookiesvalet serviceper daypool and hot tubgreat place to stayvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againnew englandbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Seamus checked me in and was a wealth of information about the area and especially restaurants. Breakfast service was a little slow, but the food was good. The bar is comfortable for dinner and drinks. Valet parking - cars were available in a very timely manner.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

The facility was ascetically appealing and clean. The staff was welcoming and friendly, and the location was perfect. It is just a block away from great shops, food, and drink. When we arrived we did some shopping and at night we caught a terrific band at one of the pubs. The hot cider in the lobby hit the spot. The next day we went on a tour of the University of New Hampshire with my daughter. Lots of fun.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Pleasant, comfortable room - no complaints whatsoever. Convenient location. I stupidly left a library book behind in my room and noticed it only when I returned to my home town. When I called the hotel and spoke with the housekeeping staff, they promised to mail it. Two days later it arrived FedEx, and they did not even charge me for postage/shipping. Although this was a business trip, I will ask my company to book a room for me at the Hilton Garden Inn again when I return to Portsmouth.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Portsmouth is a great place to explore on foot with many great restaurants in the downtown area. Most of the larger hotels are just outside of town. This one is right in the center, walking distance from everything.

In addition to the perfect location we have experienced very friendly and efficient staff as well as consistent high quality accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Forget my previous review about this place being clean. Despite being fairly new, this place has gone from spotless to disgusting in a matter or 6 months. This is my 3rd stay since my initial, positive review, and the hotel has been rapidly declining. This is my 2nd stay where blood was visible on surfaces in the bathroom. During the most recent stay the soap package had blood smears on it. Since the TV didn't work either I complained and was switched to a different room, only to discover a smear of blood on the bathroom door. Not to mention the white crust on the office chair. Also, I pulled back the covers on the bed to find a yellow stain on the sheets. Seriously, it's time for new sheets once yellow stains are visible. Everywhere you look there are stains on the walls, crud on the floors indicating that the rooms are barely vacuumed. I'm in Portsmouth on business regularly and this is the last time I stay here.

3  Thank cintioh
Ron R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. Please know we take our guest's feedback very seriously and react quickly to investigate and correct all issues to ensure the best possible experience for all our guests. In this instance we have met with our housekeeping team and reviewed your comments. We know our guests deserve the best in service and accommodations and we regret this was not your impression.

We pride ourselves on the continuous high cleanliness scores we receive from our Hilton Garden Inn guest surveys.

I hope one day we can prove this to you as well.

Ron R