“Couples night”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
South Portland, United States
“Couples night”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

great get away with just me and the wife. We met in the lounge for a late night "sleep over" and drinks. They had a man with a guitar singing Bod Dylan and at the end of the night even played a Grateful Dead song for us. It was a great evening and the rooms smelled VERY clean. The pillows were like clouds and the bed was heavenly. The wife and I are going back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Scott,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I'm happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time at our hotel. We look forward to hosting your next getaway!

Kevin Walker, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Aurora, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Overall we had a great experience with this hotel. The rooms are clean and comfy, location is great. Our room was skipped over one day by the cleaning staff however they did bring us towels and coffee and upon check out the staff was very understanding and took care of that mishap! Overall, I would definitely return. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the fitness room as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Katie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community; we appreciate the feedback. I apologize that your room was passed over for cleaning service on one of the days of your stay but I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Laconia, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is in a great location close to all that downtown Portsmouth has to offer - dining and shopping! The hotel was clean and quiet, despite being nearly sold out. The staff was friendly, as I've found in most every Hilton hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Meredith, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Absolutely perfect! We needed a hotel following a Christmas Eve family get together and the Portsmouth Hilton Garden Inn was the perfect place to stay. I'd highly recommend to anyone in Portsmouth on business or leisure travel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Tony M
Ramsey, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 January 2014

When visiting Portsmouth not only is this hotel the ideal place to stay for any type of travel, their bar and lounge area alone is worthy of a visit. I had a great time during a recent weekend stay. A solo traveling woman, I'm cautious of where I walk into for a cocktail or glass of wine. The bartenders during my stay, Jonathan and Katie, were terrific. These two were so friendly, knowledgable and easy to connect with. The live, soft music was another great feature. Definitely a worthy cocktail venue. Stop in!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Denver
Reviewed 31 December 2013

If only more hotels were as pleasant as this one! I stayed on a December weeknight shortly before Christmas. Hotel was very quiet, even though there did seem to be a fair number of guests. Bed and plush pillows were fantastically comfortable. Loved the hot apple cider in the lobby -- it satisfied my craving for somethin' fruity! Front-desk staff friendly and professional. When I got to my room, I saw that the bath had a shower yet no tub. I went back downstairs and asked if I could switch to a room with tub, and my request was graciously accommodated. Terrific water pressure and piping hot! Lobby looks very nice; they had tasteful Christmas decor. If I could change one thing, I might lower the volume on the muzak and/or set the televisions on mute; it would make for a nicer sit in front of the fireplace. Overall, staying here was a splendid experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
New Durham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The staff the service and quality of food was excellent. I couldn't ask for a better hotel to stay at. From the valet to everyone there it was great. The prices are reasonable. The bartenders and front desk help awesome! Shamus helped me with a fax I needed to send immediately.... He was courteous and professional. We would definitely stay here again for a weekend get away.

Room Tip: The king size beds most comfortable!!!!!! Views were great of the historic town and waters with b...