Several things I like about this hotel have been mentioned many times …convenient to wonderfully walkable downtown, very comfy beds, hot plentiful shower, professional and helpful staff …..but let me mention a few other things.
I traveled with two well-behaved 7 year old boys at the end of a holiday weekend. But I also like to travel in the off season with them and it pays. We were upgraded to a large corner room, on the 2nd floor above the car entrance. We never heard a sound in our room except for 1 door closing. But also importantly, no one probably heard us. I give kudos to staff who look out for families but who also look out for those traveling without children.
I like that you can turn off the heating and cooling completely at night so you don't have the heat cycling on and off. I turn the fridge way down too.
Room service was exceptional and extremely reasonable. They said 30 minutes and they were right on time. The $8 chicken pesto flatbread was delicious and looked like it came from a wood fired oven. A $5 side of fruit we shared was an enormous bowl of fresh cut pineapple, strawberries and grapes. And yes, the boys said the chicken tenders and wings were great too. I like that there is a low night light in the bathroom and a lot of easily accessible outlets. I like the in-room K cup coffee maker as well as free lobby coffee
A couple other quick mentions. the boys loved the game and puzzle store, Diversions, downtown. Also The Friendly Toast for breakfast, while still a great treat, seemed more expensive and I noticed a few more local looking breakfast places on our way back that I think I'll try next time. All in all, a fun trip while staying at a great downtown hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown is located in the heart of historic downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, surrounded by a wide variety of restaurants, attractions, shops, boutiques and waterfront gardens. Strawbery Banke historic neighborhood and Prescott Park are steps away, while The Kittery Outlets are just a 10 minute drive. New Hampshire and Maine coastal beaches, chartered deep-sea fishing, whale-watching tours, and panoramic tours of the Isles of Shoals are only a short boat ride from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown Hotel Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Portsmouth