I stayed here July 4-5th. The location is terrific for exploring downtown Portsmouth.
As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I had certain expectations that were immediately met upon coming in contact with the valet. The first impression the valet had on us was very positive as was the second impression at check-in which was handled by a very friendly and efficient young woman. Although I was only at this Hilton Garden Inn for one night, I came across numerous staff member who were all very friendly.
In addition to nice on-site amenities; cookies at reception and fruit flavored water, small but well equipped exercise room, pool and spa, and a full service bar, the hotel is in a fantastic location central to dozens of restaurants, shopping, galleries, etc. minutes by foot.
The room was sizable, and spotless clean and had a Keurig (w/a few coffee varieties), microwave and mini fridge. The bathroom was also very clean & well equipped.
Breakfast was above average. Great selection of hot and cold breakfast items. Some of the freshest fruit on the buffet(pineapple, raspberries, strawberries and melon). Cooked to order and served omelettes, pancakes, waffles... Very attentive wait staff!
Two things of dissatisfaction worth mentioning; the bed was horribly uncomfortable and the climate control cooled well, but was so loud when it "clicked" on, and cycled on/off all night long in 10 minute intervals, awful!
Valet Parking (only option) is a reasonable $18
Full Breakfast priced well at $11.95? (less expensive if ordered while booking a bed/breakfast option or with HHonors Member coupon).
For those not familiar with the area, this hotel is only a short drive to NH beaches and Southern Maine beaches and attractions and an hour's drive to Boston (without traffic).
Despite the bed and A/C and a lousy night's sleep, I highly recommend this Hilton Garden Inn.
If not for the bed and cooling system, this is hands down a rating of "5" for the staff, amenities and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown is located in the heart of historic downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, surrounded by a wide variety of restaurants, attractions, shops, boutiques and waterfront gardens. Strawbery Banke historic neighborhood and Prescott Park are steps away, while The Kittery Outlets are just a 10 minute drive. New Hampshire and Maine coastal beaches, chartered deep-sea fishing, whale-watching tours, and panoramic tours of the Isles of Shoals are only a short boat ride from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown Hotel Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Portsmouth