“Best burger I've ever had”
Review of Fat Belly's

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market St.
Description: Fat Belly's is located in the heart of Historic Downtown Portsmouth. We feature two floors, with two unique atmosphere's. The Upstairs Lounge is a contemporary cocktail lounge featuring New Hampshire's only Ice Bar. Downstairs is a casual dining atmosphere with bar. Our menu is served to patrons on both floors. The Grill features the best burger in town, sweet potato fries, and other delicious American food.
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The seating is a bit tight and the ambience is so-so. I've been told the dj is good at night but I can't imagine where anyone dances (upstairs has a little bit more room but not much). If you want a great burger (topped with almost anything you can imagine, or not), you can't top this place though.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Let me give you a little recipe for a fun time...

Get a burger, grab a beer, add some cool people.

But that isn't enough for you is it?

You want options don't you?

You want different toppings for that burger, maybe you want a qusadilla or wings too. Maybe you want the sauce that goes on the wings... on your burger!

And you don't want just any beer, you want a huge selection of them. With people that know what they are talking about when you ask about one over another. And since this is a fantasy dream world maybe there is a way to keep the beer from getting warm while you take your time enjoying it!

Maybe a bar made of ice! Yes that's it a bar made of ice AND a night dedicated to playing trivia?

Your wish is fulfilled!

Now go to Fat Belly's and enjoy the evening that awaits you...

It is always a good time!

Now, what are you waiting for?

Quit missing out!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Went here few years back and decided to go again - just love the wings and fried pickles!

They are to die for! Large orders and enough for 2 to share! Waitress was only one waiting on tables - and she was super! Totally had very thing under control.

Fun place and food is delicious.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Don't go here if you are looking for good service. My husband and I have been a few times mainly for an appetizer and a beer. They have a decent selection of draught beers. Our most recent visit we were greeted per usual by a less than enthusiastic hostess. There were 4 open tables, 3 of them 4 tops and one table for 2. We were sat at the table for 2 and the waitress hit my chair twice as I was taking my coat off trying to get out of the way so we asked to move. Definitely felt like we were putting them out, the restaurant continued to empty so wasn't an issue of not enough open tables. Then we asked if there was a beer list, she stated no because they just updated them but if we tell her what we want, she'd let us know if they had it??????? Seriously! So I asked for seasonal options and she mentioned Sam Winter so I had it. My husband asked for reds and she served him a very hoppy ale. We went there because we wanted wings and they are good, offering grilled options but as always it was nothing outstanding. The bathrooms are dirty and the restaurant as a whole isn't all that clean.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We actually chose this grill based on reviews from Trip Advisor and we are we glad we did. The food is excellent, I had the organic grass-fed beef burger and my friend ordered the strip steak. The burger was simple, fresh and one of the best tasting and juiciest that i've every had. The strip steak was huge and cooked to perfection, I tasted the steak and it to was one of the best I've ever had to include steaks I've had in high end steak houses. The staff was very friendly and attentive, if you're looking for great food in a casual, welcoming atmosphere this is the place among many great eateries in Portsmouth.